Blown_xa

Had a blast

I thank yall for letting my non-Mini self spend time with all of you. Great group of people! Thank you, Laura for the Mini logos! Thank you, Celia for helping me put them on!

It was great having you there. Edna is a real beast and she looked great.

That goes for me also...even though I didn't get any stickers:frown:

Hmmmm the Lotus is flashy enough don't ya think? I'm still smiling from my ride in it. Most thrilling and scary Dragon ride I've been on. The night is a whole different experience.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I never got my Edna or Lotus on the Dragon rides, I am very upset with the both of you, just so you know!

I guess we will have to all go back down for a drive.:biggrin:

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

The Tar Heels club used to do an event called the Sleeping Dragon or something like that but they didn't last year.

When I was with the S2000 group we did a September event called Dragonball run (like Canonball run) and in November we did McDragon, which was a unofficial event hosted by the McCoys (dual S2K household).

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I'm famous! My 30 secs of fame start at 3:30!
Uhh... I already posted that earlier in your "DO NOT OPEN THIS THREAD" thread. :top:

Too bad that the idiot in the white Countryman behind you couldn't keep it inside the lines...

(don't worry, I checked the Killboy shots, it isn't one of ours - they're from another state)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Uhh... I already posted that earlier in your "DO NOT OPEN THIS THREAD" thread. :top:

Too bad that the idiot in the white Countryman behind you couldn't keep it inside the lines...

(don't worry, I checked the Killboy shots, it isn't one of ours - they're from another state)

I actually met him at Tapoco, he was actually pretty cool, but obviously I didn't know he was crossing lines like that. Hopefully that was the only corner.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I actually met him at Tapoco, he was actually pretty cool, but obviously I didn't know he was crossing lines like that. Hopefully that was the only corner.
Considering how badly he crossed over just on that one, I seriously doubt it. A shame... :frown:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Was he from Florida because his Countryman looked like the one from Florida that almost plowed into me during the Parade and gave me an anxiety attack.

Was he from Florida because his Countryman looked like the one from Florida that almost plowed into me during the Parade and gave me an anxiety attack.
I think the plates are from South Carolina. Check for yourself - the pics start on page 38 of the "__Minis BEFORE 1pm" section of Saturday, May 4 of Killboy's photo store. Technically pics 1564 through 1570 in that set.

(Killboy makes it difficult to link directly to the pics)

Wow, that countryman really went over the lines! I kept myself in-lane for the pictures but did have one fail on my fourth run. I had completed a long loop into Tennessee and thought I was coming back to the base of the Dragon instead of having to go through it. Long story short...don't drive the Dragon when you are mentally tired. I took my eyes off the curve to look at an on-coming loud Mini....it doesn't take much on the really tight curves to stray onto the double yellow.

I got the honk and the shame. :frown:

Wow, that countryman really went over the lines! I kept myself in-lane for the pictures but did have one fail on my fourth run. I had completed a long loop into Tennessee and thought I was coming back to the base of the Dragon instead of having to go through it. Long story short...don't drive the Dragon when you are mentally tired. I took my eyes off the curve to look at an on-coming loud Mini....it doesn't take much on the really tight curves to stray onto the double yellow.

I got the honk and the shame. :frown:

It happens and you learn from it. I'm sure you were much more aware on later runs. I've had runs where I just went super slow and pulled over for every one because I just didn't feel right.

It's the people that are either not aware or just don't care that are the real problem.

You really can't lose focus at all on that road. You don't adjust the radio, you don't do anything but drive and watch ahead. As far ahead as you can see. I remember when I drove Craig's old MINI Archie on the Dragon the first year. He kept saying, "Look at the road, I'll wave"

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg