RDG_RCR

What mods have you done in preparation for MOTD 11?

I got my Hellas 5 years ago...you guys are just copying me....

I forgot about yours we could be just admiring yours :D

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Today's pre-Dragon car adventure involved putting Merlin on jackstands, pulling all four tires, grabbing the grease gun and lubing us the rear sway bar bushings, putting the rear sway bar on it's stiffest setting and then, pulling both front struts, repacking the bearings, fixing the "mysterious" clunking noise and then, when it was all back together, raising the ride height by 1/4". Oh, I had Dylan sand and paint my front swaybar endlinks before putting them back in. Then, I rechecked the torque on the wheel studs, verified/adjusted the tire pressure all the way around and called it a day. Next up, oil change and then I'll be ready to go. Whew!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Today's pre-Dragon car adventure involved putting Merlin on jackstands, pulling all four tires, grabbing the grease gun and lubing us the rear sway bar bushings, putting the rear sway bar on it's stiffest setting and then, pulling both front struts, repacking the bearings, fixing the "mysterious" clunking noise and then, when it was all back together, raising the ride height by 1/4". Oh, I had Dylan sand and paint my front swaybar endlinks before putting them back in. Then, I rechecked the torque on the wheel studs, verified/adjusted the tire pressure all the way around and called it a day. Next up, oil change and then I'll be ready to go. Whew!

Merlin has a good Daddy

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I vacuumed the mats.... :rofl:

hehe, I've done more, but don't feel like going into detail now :laugh:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

WOW sounds like you were busy!!

I modded my coffee mug with a spare sticker, I think it turned out well

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover

Alan @ opensource.com

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

I vacuumed the mats.... :rofl:

hehe, I've done more, but don't feel like going into detail now :laugh:

Alan's post made me smile! Then "Tapatalk Farted" and brought this DCMM experience right on home. You kids are unique to say the least!

I have turned off notifications and subscriptions in prep for everyone's trip to the dragon!

Mod that! Bwahaha!

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I ordered four new tires on Monday (on the whim) and am still anxiously awaiting their arrival to be mounted, then aligned obviously.

Lucy got the brake fluid flushed, new front and rear rotors, and new pads at the Garage Mahal this past weekend (with help from the awesome Justin). Plus a spare tire to make sure we're ok. Craig surprised me and modded Lucy when I got sidetracked with some side marker tint and he also helped me add the Black Jack door overlays that Quitta gave me. I think this weekend will be the weekend to do the chrome black out tape stuff on the outside and vacuum the interior from all the puppy hair. So things are coming together, slowly but surely.

Alan's post made me smile! Then "Tapatalk Farted" and brought this DCMM experience right on home. You kids are unique to say the least!

I have turned off notifications and subscriptions in prep for everyone's trip to the dragon!

Mod that! Bwahaha!

Once we leave, you know you won't be getting any notifications since we won't have service.

I ordered four new tires on Monday (on the whim) and am still anxiously awaiting their arrival to be mounted, then aligned obviously.

Lucy got the brake fluid flushed, new front and rear rotors, and new pads at the Garage Mahal this past weekend (with help from the awesome Justin). Plus a spare tire to make sure we're ok. Craig surprised me and modded Lucy when I got sidetracked with some side marker tint and he also helped me add the Black Jack door overlays that Quitta gave me. I think this weekend will be the weekend to do the chrome black out tape stuff on the outside and vacuum the interior from all the puppy hair. So things are coming together, slowly but surely.

Oh no he didn't! You got some sidemarker tint before me! :jelly: :frown:

Have fun with those overlays! They were a beast to get off the handles.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Anyone with knowlege of taking apart the dash want to give me a hand on Saturday? I want to run my iphone cord so that it's out of the way, but the directions that I've found have not been helpful. From what I've heard, it's a pretty simple procedure, but I suspect it's only simple if you know what you're doing. :top:

I have a laundry list of things to do. Doing an oil and transmission fluid change, putting some EBC reds on the rear to match the front, replacing a tie rod and getting an alignment, and finally installing a 15% reduction pulley. Just waiting on parts to come in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Brake fluid and front pads are only a few months old but the OBC now says my rear pads have 4100 miles left. Should I be looking to get the rear pads replaced prior to Dragon? Fronts are OEM but I could use anything on the rear (e.g., Hawks) correct?

Your front brakes are far more important than your rear, keep that in mind. Especially given that you drive a front wheel drive vehicle. Upgrade the front, do OEM on the rear. Or if you have extra cash, upgrade both. I don't have extra cash so I upgrade the important stuff. I, personally, changed my rotors and pads early apparently, despite what the OBC told me (mine said I was due) and that I was 3,000 miles past due and my pads definitely said otherwise. I prefer to be safe rather than sorry so I changed my brake pads and rotors early. I'm getting 4 new tires even though I only need two. So, my advice is better safe than sorry ;)