RDG_RCR

What mods have you done in preparation for MOTD 11?

Has anyone installed any new mods for the dragon this year? For this trip the car will be sporting new brake pads (Ferodo DS2500s) a new tune, and a custom alignment. Anyone else?

Lucy is getting new rotors (front and rear), new rear brake pads, new brake fluid, two new rear tires, and if I can swing it, an alignment from PTUNING and some interior stuff.

I see Lil C is sticking ;)

Yes it makes me chuckle when I see it

Edited by minime331

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Ooohh, I myself will be rockin the new 10 year anni. window cling on the Elise.

Can we get some wings on that Elise??? :questionmark:

I also want a ride in it, I love those things and I've never been in one. I promise not to get t he drool on the interior. Just don't tell Tigger

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I also want a ride in it, I love those things and I've never been in one. I promise not to get t he drool on the interior. Just don't tell Tigger

They're wonderful. I love Elises. I told Lucy that one day, her garage mate will be an Elise that I get to alternate between. I don't keep secrets from her.

Of course you can, don't worry about the interior...there really isn't one. You just gave me a great idea!!:idea:

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I've driven an Elise before. I can sum it up in two words: "Pure sex".

Unbelievable machine. Makes our wonderful-handling MINIs seem like pickup trucks. They stick like nobody's business.

Word to the wise for those going for a ride (although I'm sure Tyler will communicate this to them clearly)... getting in and out of an Elise is a challenge in itself. The proper way is to turn sideways, facing away from the car, and sit, then swivel your legs in to the car. Under no circumstances are you supposed to use the windshield to brace yourself for entry & exit, because you can very easily crack the windshield. The entire car is designed for light weight, not strength!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Unbelievable machine. Makes our wonderful-handling MINIs seem like pickup trucks. They stick like nobody's business.

Word to the wise for those going for a ride (although I'm sure Tyler will communicate this to them clearly)... getting in and out of an Elise is a challenge in itself. The proper way is to turn sideways, facing away from the car, and sit, then swivel your legs in to the car. Under no circumstances are you supposed to use the windshield to brace yourself for entry & exit, because you can very easily crack the windshield. The entire car is designed for light weight, not strength!

Thanks to my knee that's pretty much how I get in and out of Tigger anyway.

It's a sexy car, I love all the curves, so damn exotic.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Yes, unlike most convertables the windshield frame is not structural. But I wouldn't say that it makes MINIs feel like a truck. I drive Sara's all the time and it's a blast. I can't wait to do a lap on the dragon with it!

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I drove my friend's Elise!!! He always seems to get a good chuckle at me somehow gracefully getting in and out of it. It's part of the fun.

Yes, unlike most convertables the windshield frame is not structural. But I wouldn't say that it makes MINIs feel like a truck. I drive Sara's all the time and it's a blast. I can't wait to do a lap on the dragon with it!
I realize it was an exaggeration, but I wanted my fellow MINI owners to understand that the Elise really takes handling to an entirely different level. :biggrin:

As for my mods, at this point, getting my car horn working properly again is the main one I'm worried about. I have a couple other long overdue mods I want to finally get done but they are going to have to wait until after MOTD. :frown:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129