TGGRRR (Ali)

Bridal Veil Falls Run

So once again DCMM is sponsoring the run to Bridal Veil Falls on Thurs morning and the run is booked solid.

But if you wanted to join us and can't sign up, it's not too late. We could use a few volunteers to help with being a middle leader/ radio relay. This job is easier if you have a navigator and of course a radio.

Craig leads with the lovely Lona as navigator. Mark and I will probably sweep. It's nice to have 2 others so we can have three groups in the line.

It's a popular run and the BBQ lunch at Fat Buddies is awesome.

Yes we get up at the butt crack of dawn for this run, but it's really worth it. For one thing the Falls are in a national park so it gets crowded, but we beat most of the crowds. Also on the way there we drive through the mountains and the mists are amazing, there are rivers along side the roads with mists rising over them that is a stunning view FOR YOUR PASSENGER!! Because as a driver you will be hitting some VERY fun twisties. :motor:

http://www.minisonthedragon.com/2013-bridalfalls-thursday-early.php

Who wants to help out?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I might be up for it too. I know, skepticism about me getting up early... but I mean it!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

So once again DCMM is sponsoring the run to Bridal Veil Falls on Thurs morning and the run is booked solid.

But if you wanted to join us and can't sign up, it's not too late. We could use a few volunteers to help with being a middle leader/ radio relay. This job is easier if you have a navigator and of course a radio.

Craig leads with the lovely Lona as navigator. Mark and I will probably sweep. It's nice to have 2 others so we can have three groups in the line.

It's a popular run and the BBQ lunch at Fat Buddies is awesome.

Yes we get up at the butt crack of dawn for this run, but it's really worth it. For one thing the Falls are in a national park so it gets crowded, but we beat most of the crowds. Also on the way there we drive through the mountains and the mists are amazing, there are rivers along side the roads with mists rising over them that is a stunning view FOR YOUR PASSENGER!! Because as a driver you will be hitting some VERY fun twisties. :motor:

http://www.minisonthedragon.com/2013-bridalfalls-thursday-early.php

Who wants to help out?

If it's "Lovely Lona" would it then be "Crabby Craig"?

I might be up for it too. I know, skepticism about me getting up early... but I mean it!

And we will welcome you to the dawns early light with joy and enthusiasm!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

It's awesome that we have so many from the club willing to help out with the run. Craig is our run leader so I'm going to let him decide who will take which positions but having this kind of help is going to make the run more organized and successful.

We leave at 7:30 AM from the General Store in Fontana so be there by 7:00 please. I'm going to wear one of my DCMM shirts.

This is a fun run with two waterfalls and great twisties. You guys will be glad you came out. :top:

Tggrrr010.jpg

I suppose one of the disadvantages to waiting so long to make up my mind is that all these are probably full. :banghead:

If help is needed, I'll do my best to provide!

If you want to come on the Cherohala drive I'm leading on Friday, I can squeeze one more in. Just let me know soon as I have to call the restaurant next week to give them a head count.

Craig will correct me if I'm wrong but if you're DCMM and volunteering then we can let you run with us even if you didn't sign up. I just need a better head count for the restaurant. Luckily Fat Buddies has a huge room and are pretty flexible and don't expect an exact head count.

Tggrrr010.jpg

It's awesome that we have so many from the club willing to help out with the run. Craig is our run leader so I'm going to let him decide who will take which positions but having this kind of help is going to make the run more organized and successful.

Craig will correct me if I'm wrong but if you're DCMM and volunteering then we can let you run with us even if you didn't sign up. I just need a better head count for the restaurant. Luckily Fat Buddies has a huge room and are pretty flexible and don't expect an exact head count.
I PMed Craig earlier today, Ali. :top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I confirmed what Jim found out about Bridal Veil Falls, it did have a rock slide and we can't drive under it :banghead:

Bridal Veil Falls, NC - Rock Slide

But the roads are still good and Fat Buddies has great BBQ. We can still go to Dry Falls which is only about a mile away.

Tggrrr010.jpg

I confirmed what Jim found out about Bridal Veil Falls, it did have a rock slide and we can't drive under it :banghead:

Bridal Veil Falls, NC - Rock Slide

But the roads are still good and Fat Buddies has great BBQ. We can still go to Dry Falls which is only about a mile away.

That's an old photo ;) but it's closed. For now.