wahoo_shoe

DCMM Lunch/Beer Tasting at Lost Rhino

When: March 24th 2013 @ noon-whenever

What: Food and beer!

Where: http://www.lostrhino.com/

Tasting: they sell tasting pours by the glass, ~$2 a pour. They also have 5oz tulips and pints by the glass if you find a favorite. They have about 10 beers on tap, the current ones on draft are listed on their website. Must be 21, obviously, and please be responsible :biggrin:

Food: they sell all sorts of beer-y appetizers, entrees, sides, and desserts. They have a selection of about 5-6 entrees from BBQ that they smoke out front to sandwiches.

*If enough people are interested, they have offered to do platters in the back room for us. This can be decided as we get closer to the event

Goodies: they offer growler fills and you can bring your own or buy one of their nice flip top ones there. They also sell 22oz bottles of select brews, glasses, swag, and more.

Tours: they offer tours, first-come first-serve. If anyone is interested, we could try to work with them to set up a time that everyone can go at once or over two groups. The tours are run by one of the brewmasters and a lot of fun

Etc: They do take CCs on all of the above :top: Kids are welcome; they have kiddie-friendly meals and serve up some great root beer (floats) and ginger ale, all homemade. Right now we don't have an attendee cap, though I do need to give them a head's up about the final headcount a few days out so that they can plan for us.

This is a great local brewery and heading over while we're all already out there is a perfect time! Looking forward to this! :biggrin::cheers:

This is the final date/time. LR had to reschedule us due to a staffing change on the 23rd and the following March weekend is Easter :marshmellow: If you can't come out, we'll try again later in the spring/early summer!

Please RSVP as soon as you know you're coming, I'd like to have all RSVPs finalized by the 19th so that I can give them a headcount. Thanks!

2011 Clubman S - LzB/Black "Clubby"

Go Wahoos!

Saving Second Base, One Mile at a Time! (Round #3, May 2014) http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/MShoe

I got in touch with LR about this. This is their St Patty's day celebration, so things will be packed. They offered up use of their back room on any other weekend though.

For those who have RSVP'd, any preference on date?

Go Wahoos!

Saving Second Base, One Mile at a Time! (Round #3, May 2014) http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/MShoe

Sorry guys, never changed the date.

Would the 23rd work for people?

That works for me. :) A shame that it won't line up with the Sterling Meet & Greet, but an extra trip to Sterling for Lost Rhino is always worth it!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

That works for me. :) A shame that it won't line up with the Sterling Meet & Greet, but an extra trip to Sterling for Lost Rhino is always worth it!
I would go to this over the M&G... I like sitting inside, drinking beer muuuuuch better :laugh:
It wasn't going to be a conflict... we'd start at the M&G then head over to Lost Rhino afterwards, which is only ~5 minutes away from MoS.

The thing is though, because that weekend is St. Patrick's Day weekend, it seems like we'll probably have them on separate weekends. M&G one Saturday, Lost Rhino the following Saturday. That's 2 trips to Sterling instead of one... but like I said, it's worth it! :beer:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Ok guys, the 23rd is the pending new date. Once I receive the final OK from Lost Rhino, that will be the date! She's aiming to set us up over lunch time, she just needed to finalize things with another group that evening. :top:

The other potential is Sunday the 17th, that's still open, but I figured Sterling two days in a row could be hard on non-NoVa people :smile:

Go Wahoos!

Ok guys, the 23rd is the pending new date. Once I receive the final OK from Lost Rhino, that will be the date! She's aiming to set us up over lunch time, she just needed to finalize things with another group that evening. :top:

The other potential is Sunday the 17th, that's still open, but I figured Sterling two days in a row could be hard on non-NoVa people :smile:

Sounds good! The other problem with the 17th is that that is the actual St. Patrick's Day... I think the 23rd works best. :biggrin:
Someone needs to revise the opening paragraph on the event description, since the MoS/M&G and LostRhino are no longer on the same day.
Melissa - since you're the event organizer, you should be able to go ahead and edit the event itself (including changing the date), using Event Options, Edit Event. :top:

Well, just my luck, there was a change in date. Some of their staff will be on the road and due to the short-hands, they asked for it to be moved to the 24th. I'm still in, hopefully a good crowd can still come out.

We'll get going at noon for tastings/lunch, and people can stay as long or as little as they'd like, though I'm asking for the room until 3pm.

Go Wahoos!

Hey folks... don't forget that with each date/time change for this event, the existing RSVPs were erased. If you still want to come on the new date, you'll have to RSVP again! :angel:

Hey folks... don't forget that with each date/time change for this event, the existing RSVPs were erased. If you still want to come on the new date, you'll have to RSVP again! :angel:

Sorry :embarassed: Didn't realize that, I should've just waited for them to get back to me. Either way, bier is happening. :rock:

Go Wahoos!

Hey guys!

I put in a final headcount to LR of 25, we have 20 signed up and I wanted to leave room in case we have some last minute folks.

See everyone at noon! :cheers::beer:

Go Wahoos!