RDG_RCR

Dakar Rally 2013

Great find! Lots of awesome photos... although my favorite was probably the overturned Hummer. :biggrin:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

can you really even call that a MINI? yes i know its base of a countryman but probably everything bout that is changed.

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Closer to a MINI than a NASCAR car is to anything on the lot at a Ford, Chevy, or especially Toyota dealer.

Just go with it...

quirk - '12 CR MCS 6m, WP, MR, HK. Conti DWS, Kosei K4R, Hardened NM TA insert, NM strut bar, Rennline skidplate, WMW heat shield, Philips X-treme, OEM Lumbars, mudflaps & black trim, free camber mod, WeatherTech mats, RearGuard...

Closer to a MINI than a NASCAR car is to anything on the lot at a Ford, Chevy, or especially Toyota dealer.

Just go with it...

that is true forgot about that

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

can you really even call that a MINI? yes i know its base of a countryman but probably everything bout that is changed.

I think the MINI and the Toyota teams look the most similar. They have to retrofit the crap out of the cars to make them withstand the elements they face during the race. I always try to guess the make/model when I'm looking at th pics, it's a way more entertaining game than doing it for NASCAR

2011 Clubman S - LzB/Black "Clubby"

Go Wahoos!

Saving Second Base, One Mile at a Time! (Round #3, May 2014) http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/MShoe

I will never forget when Robbie Gordon (driving the famous orange Hummer) stated that "Minis are for girls". He then promptly lost the Dakar to a...Mini Countryman! Stéphane Peterhansel won again this year so that's two years in a row for the Mini team plus 2nd and 3rd if I am not mistaken. I still can't get over that I drive the winner of the Dakar (well, in looks at least).