wahoo_shoe

Painting Calipers

There's a caliper painting kit from Duplicolor. It's pretty cheap as I recall. Maybe arond $30? Only a few colors. But it is ceramic paint, and it's not two part with a cataylst or anything. So you can just open the can and do touch ups unlike the epoxy ones. I assumed even the epoxy ones would need touch up so opted for the ceramic paint that allowed me to save and reuse the unused portion. Did mine in 2005 and I do quick touch ups once a year.

There's a caliper painting kit from Duplicolor. It's pretty cheap as I recall. Maybe arond $30? Only a few colors. But it is ceramic paint, and it's not two part with a cataylst or anything. So you can just open the can and do touch ups unlike the epoxy ones. I assumed even the epoxy ones would need touch up so opted for the ceramic paint that allowed me to save and reuse the unused portion. Did mine in 2005 and I do quick touch ups once a year.

Is this the one?

http://www.amazon.com/Dupli-Color-BCP400-Red-Brake-Caliper/dp/B000B6AF80

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Don't waste your money on the Duplicolor kit. If you are going to do it use the G2 2-part epoxy kit.

The Duplicolor paint just doesn't flow well or cover very well. And this was on freshly bead blasted calipers.

And Craig, you new JCW calipers aren't painted, they are powder coated. And they are verrry nicce....lol

No matter where you go, there you are!