cameroon

Clear Bra/Invisishield - recommendations?

I totally wasn't planning on this, but listening to the grit and debris bounce off the front of my car as I drive down the highway has really made me start considering getting some form of protective film for the front. And if I'm going to, now's the time before any damage has a chance to really occur.

Has anyone here had that done and would recommend the company? If I do it, it would almost certainly be the full front of the car (don't want even a hint of a line if I can help it).

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have used a company called 'Front Guard' for previous cars (not my MINI... I was too cheap this time), and their work is great. Annapolis Subaru and some of the high end dealers in town use them for their pre-delivery installations, and I heartily endorse their work. My Subaru Outback was about $1k for the job. Front Guard

Ed

I just returned from AMVIV, a trip in which I put over 6100 miles on the car in nine days. I have the clear bra on the car, and it turned out to be a godsend.

During the trip, I went through a snowstorm in Wyoming, and dealt with the remnants (sand, gravel) of the snowstorm that hit the midwest during my return trip. My windshield looks like someone sand-blasted it; the front of the car took nary a chip. I can't recommend the clear bra enough.

I, too, can't recommend the application of a clear bra enough. Not only will it save your paint, but it might add more value to your car, should you ever decide to trade/sell it.

I've used ProForm, which is in Ellicott City. Rob Freeman's the owner, and should you decide to use them, tell him Katie Williams sent you.

I have the clear bra installed on my MCS before I even took delivery. Boy am I glad I did! The front still looks good, even after 4 years of ownership. Recently, I had the OEM Aero Kit installed on my MINI as well, and I had the clear bra / invisishield re-applied to the parts that were replaced (bumper covers). I didn't even hesitate - I know it's well worth it.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Thanks for the responses everyone, I'm getting quotes from the vendors recommended here. I can tell my quest to not have a line across the bonnet is going to hurt :)
Well... you could tell them you want them to put it on the entire bonnet... but that would probably get kinda expen$ive. :tongue:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Well... you could tell them you want them to put it on the entire bonnet... but that would probably get kinda expen$ive. :tongue:

Yes, yes it is :)

From a cost perspective, I would definitely rather not cover the whole bonnet. But then I'd be driven nuts by the line and eventually get it redone to get ride of the line anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From a cost perspective, I would definitely rather not cover the whole bonnet. But then I'd be driven nuts by the line and eventually get it redone to get ride of the line anyway.
Why stop there? Why not have them do the entire car?

Early on, I actually contemplated getting a quote on that... but somewhere deep down, a more reasoned voice won... quite a rarity when it comes to me and my MINI. :laugh:

Why stop there? Why not have them do the entire car?

Early on, I actually contemplated getting a quote on that... but somewhere deep down, a more reasoned voice won... quite a rarity when it comes to me and my MINI. :laugh:

Don't worry, I've got that covered. As long as the film goes to the panel edges, there won't be a line for me to obsess over :biggrin:

I may ask about it just for curiosity's sake though. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's definitely been done before - see this link (Porsche GT3). I did a little searching online and found other references to cars that have the "entire vehicle" treatment as well.

Let me throw out there a "wild guess" on the price for an entire MINI. $3500. That's just a hunch. Curious to see how close I am on that!

In my opinion, the only time it's really worth doing the whole car is:

1. The car is brand new (or has just been totally repainted)
  2. The car is thoroughly and professionally detailed right before application

With both of those conditions met, then yeah, I can see it being worthwhile. Otherwise you're just covering something less than perfection to begin with!

It's definitely been done before - see this link (Porsche GT3). I did a little searching online and found other references to cars that have the "entire vehicle" treatment as well.

Let me throw out there a "wild guess" on the price for an entire MINI. $3500. That's just a hunch. Curious to see how close I am on that!

With both of those conditions met, then yeah, I can see it being worthwhile. Otherwise you're just covering something less than perfection to begin with!

I bet that'd be fairly close given the quotes I'm getting for doing the full front (1200 - 1400).

Speaking of covering up imperfections, found a rock chip. *sigh* Time to get the touch up paint. Oh yeah, and the clear bra ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I, too, can't recommend the application of a clear bra enough. Not only will it save your paint, but it might add more value to your car, should you ever decide to trade/sell it.

I've used ProForm, which is in Ellicott City. Rob Freeman's the owner, and should you decide to use them, tell him Katie Williams sent you.

Rob is the best. He trains other installers up and down the eastern seaboard. Can't go wrong with him or the materials he uses.

Not cheap. But not much in life that is good is cheap.

Rob is the best. He trains other installers up and down the eastern seaboard. Can't go wrong with him or the materials he uses.

Not cheap. But not much in life that is good is cheap.

He's been very responsive to my questions, which is a great sign. Just wish the product was, in general, not quite so expensive. Definitely going to delay the purchase of some other things (like wheels & tires for autox). :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He's been very responsive to my questions, which is a great sign. Just wish the product was, in general, not quite so expensive. Definitely going to delay the purchase of some other things (like wheels & tires for autox). :)

I don't know what current prices are, but when I had Rob put my clear bra on years ago, to re-paint the bonnet to get rid of chips was $800.

I don't know what current prices are, but when I had Rob put my clear bra on years ago, to re-paint the bonnet to get rid of chips was $800.

Oh I'm convinced of the value, but it's still painful :)

I've got an install scheduled with Rob for Friday. He's been super responsive to a boatload of questions I had and he sort of tried to talk me out of the full bonnet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh I'm convinced of the value, but it's still painful :)

I've got an install scheduled with Rob for Friday. He's been super responsive to a boatload of questions I had and he sort of tried to talk me out of the full bonnet.

He's a good guy...please tell him that Katie and Paul say hello.

Well, I asked Rob for curiosity's sake and you were off by about 5k :) They do have the designs/kits though, so feel free to call him up - I'm sure he'd be happy to do it ;)

He's a good guy...please tell him that Katie and Paul say hello.

Just wanted to say that Rob took great care of me and another guy (Larry, who lives out my way; I'm trying to get him into the club :)) He let me wash the front of my car at his shop and offered to let me use his cleaning stuff if I needed it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]