GreenCactus

The Great Pumpkin Run II

The Great Pumpkin Run II

Meet at Caribou Coffee (42385 Ryan Road Ashburn, VA 20148) at 9:30am and head to Great Country Farms for pick your own pumpkins, a corn maze and more...

We will leave Caribou by 10am and the drive to the farm is about an hour.

What to bring: $12/person ($10 for kids) for admission to the farm; two-way radios

Children 2 years and under, Active Duty and Retired Military ID card holders, CSA members and Fan of the Farm Season Pass holders, are free of charge.

There is a restaurant at the farm, but I have not made any arrangements for our group. The farm will likely be very crowded, so please plan accordingly.

The Bluemont Vineyard is across the street, if anyone is interested in wine tasting. If your MINI is lowered, you may not want to drive up the road to the winery. Cricket made it just fine, but I went very, very slowly. It's gravel and rough pavement with large holes in places.

Please note, the parking lot at the farm is gravel (small gravel, not too bad) and grass.

*In the event of inclement weather this event will be CANCELLED* I will post here by 8:30am on Sunday if the weather looks bad.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

This is the run that will forever remind me of when we bought Max.

For those that don't know, on the first Pumpkin run we ended up about 1/4 mile from Carmax in Sterling where Mark had an appointment to test drive a MINI. You should have seen the sales guy when 7 of us showed up to see the car.

Can't wait for the run

:top:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

This is the run that will forever remind me of when we bought Max.

For those that don't know, on the first Pumpkin run we ended up about 1/4 mile from Carmax in Sterling where Mark had an appointment to test drive a MINI. You should have seen the sales guy when 7 of us showed up to see the car.

Can't wait for the run

:top:

It's also important to note, that it was 7 people and 5 MINIs. The 5 MINIs pulling onto the lot really threw everyone. I'll see if I can find the pictures. :top:

Carmax Guy #1: Hey whats going on with all the MINIs pulling up???

Carmax Guy #2: I have an appointment for a test drive of a MINI. Wait how many pulled up???

Carmax Guy #1: Five MINIs and a pile of people!!!

Carmax Guy #2: :vroom:

[sIGPIC]http://www.motoringalliance.com/gallery/data/500/nh21003.jpg[/sIGPIC]

2004 MC JB/W CVT DSC H/K R50 "Operation De-Chrome" 90% Complete

Not as many stink bugs this year so the run will have multiplier for fun! :)

That entire day really was such a blast and hopefully, the BBQ truck will be open along with the lobster guy!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

That entire day really was such a blast and hopefully, the BBQ truck will be open along with the lobster guy!

They also had the people making really good chocolate!!! Dark chocolate covered popcorn YUMMY!!! We have to stop there again on the way back :top:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I was scooping Stink Bugs :willy:for days after that run last year!

That was the ASSPORT Day too! :hahaha:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

We checked the route today and everything looks good. It's not a crazy, super-twisty route, but it's still fun. I'll be posting the route in the next couple of days in case anyone wants to go out there without the group.

We went to the winery and it was really nice. The wine was pretty good and the view was amazing. However, the road to get up to the winery is NOT in good shape. If your MINI is lowered, I would think twice about driving up there. I did ok with Cricket, but I was very careful.

I've made a couple of changes:

The starting point is now Caribou Coffee in Ashburn. (42385 Ryan Road Ashburn, VA 20148).

I've removed the 15 car limit. If the group gets too big, I will have someone lead a second group. The run isn't very complicated.

I will be checking the weather all week. If the weather looks to be better on Saturday, I will switch the run to Saturday. I'm not opposed to doing the run if the weather is bad, but I didn't think anyone would want to pick pumpkins if it's raining. :biggrin: