68wmcs

68WMCS DIY and mods

My plan for this thread is to update with all the DIY mods (or purchased mods) that I install on GREMLIN.

Currently on my 03 MCS is:

DIY:

Exterior

-Air Splitter

-Black out belt line, headlight rings, front grill chrome, MINI emblems

-Debadge Cooper S

-R53 S badge

-Flat black vinyl stripes w/ red pinstripe

-Stone chip guards

Interior

-Red rear seat pull straps

-Shifter boot

-E brake boot

Store bought Mods:

Power

-Alta 15% SC Pulley

-CravenSpeed CAI

-Invidia N1 Ti-Tip Cat Back Exhaust

Exterior

-Alta tow hook license plate holder

-Shorty Antenna

-APR Air Splitter Support Rods

-Black Union Jack LED turn signals

Interior

-5 panel rear view mirror aka wink mirror

-Zippie Shade

Suspension

-V-Maxx coilovers (sitting pretty)

-M7 Strut Tower Defenders

-Rear upper stress bar

Wheels

-17 in ASA wheels

Audio

-Audio cable for Ipod

-Ian Cull Auto Up Module

Waiting to install:

-Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads

I will be adding to this thread with photos of all the mods I DIY or install.

Edited by 68wmcs

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

First, a mod not EVERYONE will like 5-panel rear view mirror

Love it because there are no blind spots!

ccfbeb86.jpg

e1e4b904.jpg

Two 7 in flat black stripes with red pinstripe & Alta tow hook plate holder

feb7517b.jpg

Stone chip guards

B65DC09E-1124-49F1-AB33-C49DE7BEF522-6132-000009242831407C.jpg

Bought some MINI Cooper inspired fabric and wanted to make my "one off" Shift and E-brake boot

5b6a707f.jpg

DIY "OBEY" wheel center caps to replace the ASA wheel caps

ac79b845.jpg

Rear seat pull straps

a436a955.jpg

R53 S badge

7ce5bd21.jpg

Invidia N1 Ti-Tip Cat Back Exhaust

A6BE839E-BA91-4507-BB2E-5E5BBA7956BC-5492-00000838D063002B.jpg

Here's the video of the exhaust

http://s1090.photobucket.com/albums/i362/Michael_Ibarra/?action=view&current=6436C12D-7BCD-4CDF-8161-6BA4BF5C36F3-5545-000008402EB72EC2.mp4

Edited by 68wmcs

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Looks good! Love the stripes. That fabric is really cool. Where did you find it? It would make a cool pillow :)

I don't give out my sources!!! :laugh:

Ok, you talked me into telling you. Ebay search "mini cooper fabric" and you'll see it.

Hmm, I do have enough left over to make a decent size "in car" pillow...

First, a mod not EVERYONE will like 5-panel rear view mirror. Love it because there are no blind spots!

Many, many moons ago I had one in my '84 Dodge Colt Turbo (an old school pocket-rocket) and it worked great, but I would think it would be too big of a footprint in the MINI. I take it you don't have a Light-N-Sight in there, eh?

Love the red seat pulls.

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Many, many moons ago I had one in my '84 Dodge Colt Turbo (an old school pocket-rocket) and it worked great, but I would think it would be too big of a footprint in the MINI. I take it you don't have a Light-N-Sight in there, eh?

Love the red seat pulls.

No I don't have a light in sight, but it does sit higher than the OEM rear view mirror. I haven't removed the OEM mirror, it's angled so I can see my daughter in the back seat. :lol:

Edited by 68wmcs

I don't give out my sources!!! :laugh:

Ok, you talked me into telling you. Ebay search "mini cooper fabric" and you'll see it.

Hmm, I do have enough left over to make a decent size "in car" pillow...

That's cool. I was hoping you found it locally. Thought it would make a cool accent pillow. If you do have enough left and want to get rid of it let me know.

CHILLIN001.jpg

That's cool. I was hoping you found it locally. Thought it would make a cool accent pillow. If you do have enough left and want to get rid of it let me know.

I wouldn't mind giving it to you, but I still haven't made my E-brake boot.

Completed the E-brake boot, pictures above of what the setup looks like installed.:rock:

Just installed the Ian Cull Auto Up Module, LOVE IT!

edit: also did a DIY for some temporary cup holders till I can come up with a better idea.

Edited by 68wmcs

Can't decide on which wheel color to go/stay with, help me out! :banghead:

Stay with original wheel color:

ac79b845.jpg

Plasti-Dip white:

57F6F278-FA18-4494-AB15-4A3D58E82B18-9545-00000AFB14EEC032.jpg

Or, Plasti-Dip Gold Metalizer over white Plasti-Dip:

88C48064-4BA2-4561-A4DA-A05E4C4C2F1F-9545-00000AFB0DF38D1F.jpg

A little bit of late notice but does anyone have any plans of working on their MINIs this weekend? I don't have the necessary tools to install a short shifter kit, and wanted to see if anyone was willing to share their garage and jacks?

Thanks,

Mike

whites a ***** to keep clean and coming from someone who has plasti dipped wheels you cant clean them when they get dirty so your basically looking at peeling and repainting every time they get gross, and trust me thats not fun! :banghead: so if you wanna do the plasti dip go with black other wise silver would be your best bet.

whites a ***** to keep clean and coming from someone who has plasti dipped wheels you cant clean them when they get dirty so your basically looking at peeling and repainting every time they get gross, and trust me thats not fun! :banghead: so if you wanna do the plasti dip go with black other wise silver would be your best bet.

Have you added the Glossifier to the plasti-dip? I pulled off the plasti-dip that I did as a trial run.

MOD UPDATE: Just ordered the Invidia N1 Ti-Tip exhaust from OxSpeed, also have an appt to install an Alta 15% SC pulley and belt today. Really excited for the performance mods!

Have you added the Glossifier to the plasti-dip? I pulled off the plasti-dip that I did as a trial run.

MOD UPDATE: Just ordered the Invidia N1 Ti-Tip exhaust from OxSpeed, also have an appt to install an Alta 15% SC pulley and belt today. Really excited for the performance mods!

Is that the exhaust with the purplish tips?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

After I get to install the exhaust I'll finally get to motor a little more comfortably. Since I came from a catless turbo back exhaust on my Subaru.

Waiting here at Oxspeed to get the SC pulley installed!

After I get to install the exhaust I'll finally get to motor a little more comfortably. Since I came from a catless turbo back exhaust on my Subaru.

Waiting here at Oxspeed to get the SC pulley installed!

Catless Tubrobacks >>>>>

I love my Invidia Q300, You shouldn't be disappointed with the N1. If you need any help on a Friday or Saturday lemme know, Id love to get my hands dirty haha

'07 MCS | M7 AGS-R| M7 heatshield | RissRacing catless DP | Invidia Q300 | Vmaxx coils | Alta Endlinks

Once I work out a garage day with Craig I'll send you the info. I plan on also installing the short shift kit that I was unable to do the last time I was at his house.