GreenCactus

16 Days...

so this year I am planning on goin to motd but I don't want to pay for a room if it's only me I was wondering if someone had a place for me to share with I got a sleeping bag I can sleep irony of the window to stop bears :p:p

be sure to post on motoring alliance too

actually, that begs the question: is there camping?

Yes, but it fills up too. You should call now to see

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I want to go now too after talking to Laura about it on Saturday at the M&G in Sterling. It sounds like a lot of fun! I definitely don't want to camp though ;)

You should be able to get into a cabin since people tend to cancel. It's best to call Fontana and get on the waiting list for a cabin. Also watch Motoring Alliance, people with spare rooms will post there and on NAM.

Watch with the cabin shares to see if it includes a bed space, I've heard of some people packing in a bunch of people on air mattresses. If that works for you, great, but I know I'd want a real live bed.

I hope you can make it out there, you'll love it. Honestly words can't describe how much fun it is

Tggrrr010.jpg

You should be able to get into a cabin since people tend to cancel. It's best to call Fontana and get on the waiting list for a cabin.

Laura said the same thing. I'll try to get on the waiting list this week. Also heard there were other hotels 10-20 min away. I rather stay in Fontana if that's where all the DCMM people will be though :)

CHILLIN001.jpg

Laura said the same thing. I'll try to get on the waiting list this week. Also heard there were other hotels 10-20 min away. I rather stay in Fontana if that's where all the DCMM people will be though :)

To be safe you could book into the Microtel and cancel when you find something else. It's about a 30 minute drive

Tggrrr010.jpg

Hilary - most of what you need to know is at http://www.minisonthedragon.com - and we can help you fill in what isn't! :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

There is camping, but it's pretty bare bones. If it rains, you will not be a happy camper, literally. Some years, it's gotten pretty cold at night. Campsites are limited in number, so I'd call NOW. You might be able to share a campsite as well.

In case you didn't notice, I updated the thread title. :wink:

Helpful tip: Don't read this at work. My productivity is now gone for the day and I have Dragon Brain.

:motor::motor::motor::motor::motor::motor::motor::motor::motor::motor::motor::motor::motor:

Too late. Sara and I want to attend, as of right now nothing within 20mins is available. Though I haven't checked with Tapaco because you have to call in. I'm assuming it's probably full.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Too late. Sara and I want to attend, as of right now nothing within 20mins is available. Though I haven't checked with Tapaco because you have to call in. I'm assuming it's probably full.

Don't worry, you'll be able to find something. People always cancel. Be sure to get on the waiting list at Fontana and call back to check every week.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

As the date draws closer, checking in with the 2 national MINI forums is an absolute must. There will be lodging threads on both that should be watched daily, if not hourly. Rooms/cabins at Fontana that become available can change hands in as little as 5 minutes, so be on the lookout. It can't hurt to post a request on these threads as well...you might get lucky.

Here's a link to the thread on Motoring Alliance. Post here and don't start your own thread because this is where people that are looking for a roommate will look.

http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/minis-dragon-11-may-1-5-2013-tn-nc/15141-lodging-have-need-etc.html#axzz2EJiAMEoq

Tggrrr010.jpg

Don't worry, you'll be able to find something. People always cancel. Be sure to get on the waiting list at Fontana and call back to check every week.
As the date draws closer, checking in with the 2 national MINI forums is an absolute must. There will be lodging threads on both that should be watched daily, if not hourly. Rooms/cabins at Fontana that become available can change hands in as little as 5 minutes, so be on the lookout. It can't hurt to post a request on these threads as well...you might get lucky.
Here's a link to the thread on Motoring Alliance. Post here and don't start your own thread because this is where people that are looking for a roommate will look.

http://www.motoringalliance.com/forums/minis-dragon-11-may-1-5-2013-tn-nc/15141-lodging-have-need-etc.html#axzz2EJiAMEoq

+1 to all of the comments above.

Tyler - I just want to say that although it seems harder due to the accommodation issue, trust me, it's absolutely worth the effort to get to MOTD. You and Sara won't regret it - you'll want to come every year... and most of us who have been once, now do. :smile:

Don't give up!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129