GreenCactus

16 Days...

OK for us MOTD Noobie's.....can the seasoned veterans give us a "How-to" on what to do and when in preparation of 2013 MOTD?

Sherm has Robin & I so pumped we're ready to drive down now just for the hell of it......Next Week.

Edited by Nanite

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you read through the posts for the last 2 years or so, there's some good info with regards to what to take and all. Here's the link to the other forums and as we get closer, there will be more discussion on the what to do stuff.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

If you read through the posts for the last 2 years or so, there's some good info with regards to what to take and all. Here's the link to the other forums and as we get closer, there will be more discussion on the what to do stuff.

Excellent advice. I'm learning about MOTD AND about DCMM members as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Excellent advice. I'm learning about MOTD AND about DCMM members as well.

Did you already book a room?

I happen to look at the website schedule and the Welcome/Farewell dinners are listed as full. That's annoying to say the least, I didn't even know the schedule was posted and I did sign up for the newsletter (the only one I've received was on May 19th). I guess it was my high expectation they would FYI folks of important updates/changes.

From the vets, any suggestions/insight on the events that are still available? I'm interested in the Brewery Drive, however (currently) the link for info on the event - and pretty much all of the links - are bad.

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Did you already book a room?

I happen to look at the website schedule and the Welcome/Farewell dinners are listed as full. That's annoying to say the least, I didn't even know the schedule was posted and I did sign up for the newsletter (the only one I've received was on May 19th). I guess it was my high expectation they would FYI folks of important updates/changes.

From the vets, any suggestions/insight on the events that are still available? I'm interested in the Brewery Drive, however (currently) the link for info on the event - and pretty much all of the links - are bad.

The information and sign ups for MOTD 11 (2013) will not be posted until after the first of the year. The drives do fill up quickly, but you can't sign up until registration opens, usually around mid-January.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

The information and sign ups for MOTD 11 (2013) will not be posted until after the first of the year. The drives do fill up quickly, but you can't sign up until registration opens, usually around mid-January.

Right you are. Mea culpa, I didn't notice the "2012" (multitasking too much here at work :)), I just clicked "schedules". Thanks for the enlightenment.

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

there is time to do both! However the midnight run isnt what it use to be... Ive noticed that the crowd that comes out is a lot more aggressive, impatient and a bit arrogant. So if your a newb and decide to brave this run, do it at your own pace behind the sweeper!

Thanks! This is EXCELLENT advice. I'm "ALPHA" personality as it is.....I don't need encouragement.:rock: I'll run it BELOW my comfort level and arrive home alive.:motor:

Ali, the fool in me says "run it like a buttered pig." The sensible adult (which gets little attention) says "drive it like you have SOME sense."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have to say I prefer driving the Dragon with as few other cars as possible. A group of around 3 - 6 is really fun. Once it gets big I just get stressed out.

300+ curves and 11 miles of stress.....AWWW hell to the nizo!!! (that reminds me I have to see if Tennessee & N.Carolina have reciprocity with VA.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

300+ curves and 11 miles of stress.....AWWW hell to the nizo!!! (that reminds me I have to see if Tennessee & N.Carolina have reciprocity with VA.)

They do.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

So this year i am going to the dragon i wanted to know if there is a way to see if i could find someone i coyld share a cabin with

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

The MINI Skirts are bringing back the musicians jam session. Will you veteran MOTD goers who remember the jam sessions in the past tell me what you liked (or didn't like) about the jam sessions? Why did they end?

I'm not familiar, must have been before my time

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

The MINI Skirts are bringing back the musicians jam session. Will you veteran MOTD goers who remember the jam sessions in the past tell me what you liked (or didn't like) about the jam sessions? Why did they end?

Barry is spot on as always, the first official Dragon Jam was 2006...I was not in attendance, but I had heard that the biggest complaint was that there was not enough cowbell. :rock:

DJ004.jpg

image.php?u=20&type=sigpic&dateline=1347

I just read on facebook that Barry Patascher's wife Robin has been diagnosed with MS.

For those of you don't know, Barry is the organizer of MOTD. He's been doing it for several years now and does a really fabulous job. Robin is a total sweetheart.

I don't know how this will impact the organization of MOTD13 as Barry has already begun to work on it.

Sad news, indeed.

Barry is spot on as always, the first official Dragon Jam was 2006...I was not in attendance, but I had heard that the biggest complaint was that there was not enough cowbell. :rock:

DJ004.jpg

That is one serious graphic!

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

so this year I am planning on goin to motd but I don't want to pay for a room if it's only me I was wondering if someone had a place for me to share with I got a sleeping bag I can sleep irony of the window to stop bears :p:p

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.