GreenCactus

16 Days...

Katie - Do you see this? Why don't we have one of those?? :sheep:(There's no bear emoticon, the sheep will have to do)

It's called a "refrigerator".

Yes, I get as excited as any of the newbies come Dragon time. It's so much fun, how could I not? I get to see friends I haven't seen for a year, and be treated with worshipful awe by all. ;)

The cabins are quite complete as far as basics. Some have hard wired phones, some don't. A prepaid calling card is a must for one's supply list. Bear bells are optional. Laura forgot hers this year, but she survived, tho' I don't know how as she forgot the "How to avoid or survive a bear attack" book I gave her.

As to the number of pairs of shoes one is required to bring...it totally depends on one's fashion sense. ;)

or make Celia sleep next to the window. They'll get her first! :hahaha:

What bear would want to eat Celia? There ain't no meat on them bones. Now, they might take her for later to use as a toothpick or something!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

the funny thing is that exactly what laura did to me!:stupid: I bunked with her the first couple nights til our cabin was ready and i asked which bed she wanted and she was like " i dont sleep next to windows because i dont want the bears to break in and eat me!" :eating:so she made me sleep next to the window so when the bears broke in they would get me first and my screams would alert her so she can run away! great friend, right :hmmmm2:And Craig has a point, im a small person i wouldnt be much of snack theyd probably take one look at me and be like not worth the hassle:rofl::dontknow:

Stop it, yer gonna make me:puke:

I'm laughing so hard! I just spilled a Dublin Dr. Pepper because of you Celia! :) (no, really, I did!)

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

...one's supply list...

HEEYYY!

Can we (well, you guys) starts an "MOTD Essentials" Supply List (thread)? Excellent reference to keep greenhorn's like me from getting eaten by bears (although there is somebody here that would throw us all under the window for the bears to get first:evil:), and an easy checklist for non-nubes to use (everybody could use a wee bit of help getting organized).

Please, please, please. Can we, can we, can we?!?

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

In chatting with a MOTD Veteran it was suggested I arrive a few days early for unofficial and impromtu events and gatherings.

As attending MOTD is already a stretch due my work schedule, but, I'm willing to stretch it some more for a good reason.

So, can you give me some good reasons? :biggrin:

Good plan! Keep the beer locked in the room with YOU! Celia and I can then make our escape. :hahaha:

If the bear comes through the window then you lock the bear in the room with you

I'm locking my bedroom door next year....ain't no bears gonna get me...no sirreebob.

Y'all sound like you're going to end up being a Scooby snack for the bear :laugh:

In chatting with a MOTD Veteran it was suggested I arrive a few days early for unofficial and impromtu events and gatherings.

As attending MOTD is already a stretch due my work schedule, but, I'm willing to stretch it some more for a good reason.

So, can you give me some good reasons? :biggrin:

nice couple runs down the dragon before the crowds get there

spaghetti dinner

bonfires

hanging out

exploring!

just enjoying the piece and quiet of the great smokey mountains

:eating::motor::toilet::motor::motor::cheers: :rock: :sleep::motor::motor:

If the bear comes through the window then you lock the bear in the room with you

Good plan! Keep the beer locked in the room with YOU! Celia and I can then make our escape. :hahaha:

windows will be locked too...

until MINIs on the Dragon 2013!!

:motor::motor::motor::motor::motor::motor:

Okay, now I get it.

Even though I only had one pass on the Dragon on Friday, and there was a lot of debris on the sides of the road from the storm the night before, and they were still trying to recover the motorcyclist that went off the road, and the power was still out at Deal's Gap, I get it. It is too bad that 2014 is the next MOTD that I'll be able to attend. :frown:

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street