GreenCactus

How NOT to drive the Dragon...

This video was posted on Motoring Alliance. You may have seen the Leg Daddy Racing Countryman at MOTD (they were in the car show). This is a video they produced and are proud of. Check out their Facebook page, it's there too. It's also posted on Tar Heel MINIs (where they are getting a well-deserved bashing).

This type of driving makes our entire community look bad. The truly sad part is these guys are supposed to be "professionals". :frown::banghead:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

It looks like the negative feedback worked, and they took the video down. "The video you have requested is not available"

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

What got me was how they said they were being safe because they had a lead car radioing back to them. How is that safer? The lead car has to go at least as fast as them to stay ahead and they don't have a lead car. It's only safer for the car with the video, but not others on the road. Hopefully the lead was not crossing the yellow too.

I saw this yesterday and just couldn't watch the whole thing. It kind of scared me.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Unfortunately, there's no way to stop stupidity. Sure, having a lead car helps lessen the danger to the general public but it certainly didn't make it the right thing to do and there's no question that it's illegal (it's a public road with regulatory signs that weren't followed). It would probably take someone like Barry or Nathan to contact them directly to let them know that they aren't welcome to return to an MOTD event if they want to post that video and intend to continue such foolishness.

It makes me angry because the stupidity of a few can have a very large impact upon a much larger crowd who behaves responsibly. I'd put this in the same category as those who haul ass through Fontana Village, ignoring the posted speed limits and those who hang out around the various cabins and fire pits for half the night getting drunk off their ass and then driving back to their own cabin because "it's just right over there". I'll get off my soapbox now but there is room for some "self policing" in Fontana.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Unfortunately, there's no way to stop stupidity. Sure, having a lead car helps lessen the danger to the general public but it certainly didn't make it the right thing to do and there's no question that it's illegal (it's a public road with regulatory signs that weren't followed). It would probably take someone like Barry or Nathan to contact them directly to let them know that they aren't welcome to return to an MOTD event if they want to post that video and intend to continue such foolishness.

It makes me angry because the stupidity of a few can have a very large impact upon a much larger crowd who behaves responsibly. I'd put this in the same category as those who haul ass through Fontana Village, ignoring the posted speed limits and those who hang out around the various cabins and fire pits for half the night getting drunk off their ass and then driving back to their own cabin because "it's just right over there". I'll get off my soapbox now but there is room for some "self policing" in Fontana.

There was a guy (or girl) who came flying past our cabin very late one night. I went out to see who it was and couldn't tell because they had their lights off!! Haemish mentioned it to Nate, who said he knew who it was, so hopefully he said something to this person.

People need to use common sense, but sadly, that's not something everyone seems to have.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

People need to use common sense, but sadly, that's not something everyone seems to have.

Yep, that's a fact. Maybe folks think they don't have to observe basic driving safety in the village?

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold