cmcveay

Dragon photos

I figure there will be a desire to start this thread at some point so here it is. Please share the photos that you have with everyone. It might be best to insert links to the image sharing site you prefer to use rather than posting a bunch of images. I say that and I'm going to be the first to post an image - just a single image though. Ms. Peel's first time at MOTD.

DSC_8242-Edit.jpg.ff6a35f902cf7de15b4274a45cbab91f.jpg

DSC_8242-Edit.jpg.ff6a35f902cf7de15b4274a45cbab91f.jpg

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

So on Saturday I took some Me time and went out on the Dragon. Mid way trough I found a good pull off and parked the POD to take some pics.

There is a Photography trick called Dragging that gives a good sense of speed, so I thought I would give it a try. It's a tough trick to master and out of around 100 shots, I only got 4 that were anything close (still not great).

While I was there I did snap this great shot of the POD:

DSC_0136_595.jpg

So all of my photos (so far) can be found here: http://www.wizzersworld.com/zen/Road%20Trips/MOTD/

Feel free to browse

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

I've got too much homework piled up to get to my photo's right now but I'll be posting some a little later this week. I shouldn't even be looking at DCMM but I can't help myself, I keep checking for new posts!

Got another video processed.

This one is only 1/2 the Dragon as I stopped mid way to take pictures.

This was done using my GoPro and the android app aLapRecorder. It reads data from my OBDII chip. I synced them together using RaceRender.

If anyone wants to try this out, let me know and I can bring over the stuff. The OBDII plug, my Android phone, and the GoPro are all portable.

Steve "Wizzer" P.

They make one that talks to the iPhone, but it's like 80-90 bucks (the andorid one was 20)

Te difference is that Android can talk to it via Bluetooth and the iphones don't like to do that, so they need a wifi based system.

The data gets recorded via an android app called aLapRecorder. Not sure what the iPhone app would be called but I am sure there is one.

After it's recorded I exported the Video and the Data to a program called RaceRender that can sync the two and overlay the gauges.

Like I said, if you want to do a run, I would be happy to Ride along and bring the stuff. Race render can even do multiple video files if you want an inside view, side view, and road view (assuming you have more cameras)

Ninja Edit: Just checked and iPhone has an app called Harry's Laptimer that is not terribly expensive that looks like it does the same thing as my aLapRecorder. It's the OBDII device you would need to get. Check Amazon. I Know that Mike has one for his setup. (Autocross Videos would rock with this)

Edited by Wizzer

Steve "Wizzer" P.

I found Track Addict HD for the iPhone. It was $5.99 for the App. You still need an OBDII connection, but I have that. Maybe I'll try it on my way home from work. Wouldn't that be exciting? :wink:

THIS.

I checked the developer website for Track Addict.......It's made by RaceRender!

Just make sure you have a good stable mount for your phone.

Steve "Wizzer" P.

I found Track Addict HD for the iPhone. It was $5.99 for the App. You still need an OBDII connection, but I have that. Maybe I'll try it on my way home from work. Wouldn't that be exciting? :wink:

Does anyone know if this app will take the inputs from the Kiwi WIFI device? It transmits your OBDII information via WiFi so, in theory, it would work the same. I've seen some of the autocross videos that have the course layout and the car info in the corner of the image.

Back to the original purpose of this thread... I'm attaching a couple of images. Still no time to work on them but I promise, I'm getting closer!

Chad.jpg.0f132957a327f11c57ed33a92fae0ece.jpg

59cedb647dbe6_BlackR56.jpg.904810990ec984ca47123e1451db10d3.jpg

59cedb6477e26_Shermangle.jpg.97c5ffbc892b1325740a5c006b83d2fb.jpg

59cedb6472066_merlinandmist.jpg.8a4e84ec844503b7b2376d1bd6da53d9.jpg

JCW.jpg.50fcd8af727c8f56ea6b382b01b2edc6.jpg

Chad.jpg.0f132957a327f11c57ed33a92fae0ece.jpg

59cedb647dbe6_BlackR56.jpg.904810990ec984ca47123e1451db10d3.jpg

59cedb6477e26_Shermangle.jpg.97c5ffbc892b1325740a5c006b83d2fb.jpg

59cedb6472066_merlinandmist.jpg.8a4e84ec844503b7b2376d1bd6da53d9.jpg

JCW.jpg.50fcd8af727c8f56ea6b382b01b2edc6.jpg

Edited by cmcveay

Does anyone know if this app will take the inputs from the Kiwi WIFI device? It transmits your OBDII information via WiFi so, in theory, it would work the same. I've seen some of the autocross videos that have the course layout and the car info in the corner of the image.

Back to the original purpose of this thread... I'm attaching a couple of images. Still no time to work on them but I promise, I'm getting closer!

It works with the Kiwi. I tried it last night. :)

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

ohhhh, now I can't wait to play!

If anyone will be autocrossing or something and they would like to use my Kiwi WiFi device, it's not installed so you are welcome to play with the toys! I'm so busy with work and school right now, I don't have any free time at all.

Some of are always giving Edge a hard time about being on time. If you know Haemish well, you know that he works really, really crazy hours so there are times when an "arrival time" is more of a suggestion.

Well, I want to take his defense. Below is a photo taken at 6:14 a.m. the morning of the panoramic photo at the Dragon. I don't think it even started until about 10:00 a.m. Yes, I'm sure someone will point out the fact that the car may have been left standing on third base all night but enough with the immaturity and just accept it, Mr. OEM was on time for the panoramic photo. I can also vouch for Haemish, he was also on time to serve as a "Field Marshal" herding the cars onto the baseball field.

Enjoy!

Mr_OEM.jpg.d013455fa4d79c2f8570b3b9961c58f5.jpg

Mr_OEM.jpg.d013455fa4d79c2f8570b3b9961c58f5.jpg

LOL... yep. Planned ahead. I know how nuts the traffic jam can be to get onto the field before the Panoramic Photo, and as one of the line captains I didn't want to have to argue with folks to let me through when I showed up... so I parked on the field (at the back of the field, to leave room for line markings) late the night before. Glad I did, too. :biggrin:

It didn't stop Barry from teasing me on the radio... at ~9:10am, he said on the radio that I was too late, that they had over 100 cars on the field already, and that I'd have to be in the 3rd row. This was a few minutes before I showed up. I didn't take the bait though, I knew he must be messing with me since the photo was published as starting at 10:30am. I played along in a calm voice: "Oh, really? That's strange, I figured that being almost 90 minutes early would be sufficient. Oh well, stuff happens"... minutes later I show up and only the line captain's cars are on the field. Hah! I knew it! Nice try though, Barry! Clearly he knows me and my "morning struggles" well too. :angel:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Edge, you shoulda slept in it... :laugh:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com