TGGRRR (Ali)

I can't concentrate on work

Yeah, me too. No one here "gets it", either. I got a "you people are crazy" the other day.

I think we should all just leave now. It's not like we'll be productive next week anyway...

What a good idea. Once I have enough vacation saved, I just might start even earlier and take over a week for the trip.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Has anyone else noticed a lot more MINIs around? I've seen at least one BRG/W every day for the past week. Are they getting excited too? They probably aren't even going. :(

I can't wait to see what 700+ MINIs looks like!!! :biggrin: MINI traffic jams are ok with me!

:motor::motor::motor::motor::motor:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Can I just say +1 to everything said above? Since I've got lots of stuff for the MINI Skirts booth to bring, I have packed / repacked and made several dry fits of the containers in my car. Getting ready to get ready or OCD??

its all i think about at school, at work, at home all the time!!! i think about all the MINIs, all the stickers, all the packing, all the homework,all the stickers, all the twisties, all the drinking, all the people, all the stickers! it cant come soon enough!!! leaving in 10 DAYS!!!!:motor:

:party:

Has anyone else noticed a lot more MINIs around? I've seen at least one BRG/W every day for the past week. Are they getting excited too? They probably aren't even going. :(

I can't wait to see what 700+ MINIs looks like!!! :biggrin: MINI traffic jams are ok with me!

I think that you are correct. There are a lot more MINIs around, and it is not just that I just got mine. The parking lot for the building I work in went from 3 to 7 MINIs over the past month and I am definitely seeing more on the my commute each day (only 18 miles each way). And the Countrymen and Coupe are making more appearances.

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Yeah, me too. No one here "gets it", either. I got a "you people are crazy" the other day.

I think we should all just leave now. It's not like we'll be productive next week anyway...

My wife has fully branded me a MINIac. She loves the term and says it fits. She is favoring a "smart" car :dontknow::ahhhhh: but I think we will have some time to turn her away from the dark side. I my need some help at some future gathering.

I've noticed more MINIs, as well, but have yet 2 spot a Coupe' live & in person. Since I've been working more, there are a coupla things I need 2 do 2 get Scoopie ready 4 the trip: new eyes (found a shop that'll install her 'smoky eyes' 4 me nearby that won't cost me an arm, leg, & Babygirl #1); oil change; and overall checkup. Lookin' 4ward 2 the trip, tho. :biggrin:

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

My wife has fully branded me a MINIac. She loves the term and says it fits. She is favoring a "smart" car :dontknow::ahhhhh: but I think we will have some time to turn her away from the dark side. I my need some help at some future gathering.

SMART CAR???!! I don't get them because honestly for something that small I'd want like 50 mpg. They have no pick up and a justa Cooper will get about the same gas mileage. Plus there's no room for crumple zones in that thing. The MINI is fairly safe for a small car in a crash because of it's design and the fact that it will sacrifice itself for the occupants. There's no room in a Smart car to do that. Will that help turn her Bert?

Tggrrr010.jpg

:top:

Lola spent two days at PMoA because of a faulty oil value separater and turbo feed line leak, but she's been give a clear bill of health to go to the Dragon. So glad this didn't happen at the Dragon or on the way there/back.

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

Well... she is in a Volvo XC90 now (a tank), and she'll be keeping that for the family drives and highway driving. She says that she feels bad driving that big SUV around MoCo all by herself and only getting 20 to 22 mpg. She says she only wants it for local, non-highway driving, which she does a lot. It is probably a year or more out so if we can find a 2008 or newer MINI or Countryman in purple :wink: we might be able to convince her. I would love to be a 2 MINI family.

Well... she is in a Volvo XC90 now (a tank), and she'll be keeping that for the family drives and highway driving. She says that she feels bad driving that big SUV around MoCo all by herself and only getting 20 to 22 mpg. She says she only wants it for local, non-highway driving, which she does a lot. It is probably a year or more out so if we can find a 2008 or newer MINI or Countryman in purple :wink: we might be able to convince her. I would love to be a 2 MINI family.

To get purple you need to get a First gen and get a rare Purple Haze like Scoopie. It's a really pretty color, let's get her sold on that :biggrin:

She has to meet Scoopie

Tggrrr010.jpg

Purple Haze might be a 2006-only color. I'm not sure why they didn't keep it around longer, it's a great color!

I did a quick google and find 2005 and 2006 for sale, but I think that's the only years. They really need another purple :top:

Tggrrr010.jpg

SMART CAR???!! I don't get them because honestly for something that small I'd want like 50 mpg. They have no pick up and a justa Cooper will get about the same gas mileage. Plus there's no room for crumple zones in that thing. The MINI is fairly safe for a small car in a crash because of it's design and the fact that it will sacrifice itself for the occupants. There's no room in a Smart car to do that. Will that help turn her Bert?

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/smart-car1.htm

"A 70 mph crash test conducted by British TV show "Top Gear" revealed that the Smart Fortwo's body remained mostly intact when compared to that of a conventional subcompact car."

All that being said, the transmissions are the biggest headache in the Smart (from a shifting point of view). Have her check out the Fiat 500, if she wants something other than a MINI :)

"A 70 mph crash test conducted by British TV show "Top Gear" revealed that the Smart Fortwo's body remained mostly intact when compared to that of a conventional subcompact car."

All that being said, the transmissions are the biggest headache in the Smart (from a shifting point of view). Have her check out the Fiat 500, if she wants something other than a MINI :)

+1 to what Jim said. In actual fact, the Smart car is much safer than you'd think. Ali... don't fall into the same trap with the Smart as other people do with MINIs! Small doesn't automatically mean unsafe... engineering matters!

Here is the video that Jim talked about, although it was from "Fifth Gear" not "Top Gear". It's eye-opening, to say the least! The real limitation in their extreme example isn't the car, it's the occupants - regardless of what car they drive.

...that all being said, the problem with Smarts isn't their safety, it's that they are boring to drive. Bert - the best solution here is to have Anne-Marie test drive both a Smart and a MINI. Even a base model Cooper will still run rings around a Smart, in terms of both performance and sheer "fun to drive", while also being way more practical... and the fuel efficiency between the two won't be as far apart as you might think!

I also agree with Jim though, if the MINI really doesn't speak to her (can't imagine why!), even a Fiat 500 is a better choice than a Smart... and it now comes in a higher performance model (Abarth) that starts to compete with the Cooper S... kinda. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Holy crap..the car disintegrated!

We thought about getting a Smart when they 1st came out,,,,until we drove one. The transmission is truly awful, so's the acceleration. Plus, there's no room for even groceries in it. We opted out.

A friend of mine has a Fiat 500...she likes it but is already looking at the Abarth model.

Holy crap..the car disintegrated!

We thought about getting a Smart when they 1st came out,,,,until we drove one. The transmission is truly awful, so's the acceleration. Plus, there's no room for even groceries in it. We opted out.

A friend of mine has a Fiat 500...she likes it but is already looking at the Abarth model.

Well, considering it was 70 mph into a solid concrete wall, I think the Smart held up much better than most people wound instinctively imagine, especially considering its size. I mean - he was still able to open and close the doors, especially on the passenger side!

As they explained in the video though, this is an extreme example... the human body won't be able to sustain deceleration from 70mph to 0mph in under a second, regardless of what car they are in.

The main takeaway I see from the video is that the overall structural integrity of the Smart was very impressive, especially considering how extreme the crash was.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

The body may remain intact, but if you have no crumple zones how well are the occupants protected. A car that crumples absorbs the shock so that the occupants are safer

Tggrrr010.jpg