I have read several threads with people looking for alternatives to the tunes out there, whether pre-packaged or custom. For anyone with a MY2011 or newer, there have been no options at all, until now...

I recently had the dumb luck of having a customer leave the MAR/APR edition of European Car at my shop. I've been dying to get a tune for my '11 MCS and NM Engineering, well known for exquisite Mini hop-up parts (I wish I could afford) was featured in an article with their new tune in a 2011 countryman. According to the article, the outcome was more than they ever expected and everything the Mini should have been from the factory. Oh, and the price was advertised at $500 - more than lunch money but a whole lot less than other tunes I've seen.

Needless to say, I emailed Jerry at NM immediately about availability; he told me they were still doing some late-stage testing but that it should be available in the early March time frame. Long story short (too late?), I sent off my ECU to him several weeks ago so that they could work their magic and O.M.G!!! Let me put it this way, I discovered that my Mini actually does have traction control!

Cold start up is stock, idle is perfect, and most important of all, drivability is even better. Smooth & progressive throttle response, very linear with no hiccups or dips in the power curve. The SPORT mode still works but is not needed as much as stock did. Also, no check engine light. In other words, no compromises.

The fun, however, starts anywhere you want it to - down low, up high, everything is so much more torque & power. Where as before there was no reason to rev to redline, now the engine pulls strong right to the limit. My MCS is no longer quick, its fast! I'll admit I just put on an Invidia exhaust system but that was after the tune - the two compliment each other, reinforcing why you would get either.

Jerry said that procrastination is the only reason that the tune hasn't appeared on NM's website but that it will soon. If you're interested, read the European Car article and drop Jerry a line; I can't imagine why you would wait.

Hmmm....seriously considering this. Thanks for the info!

On second thought, I think I'll save up for the TBD since my my stock MCS can't even put down the power it's got. That tune is a close second though.

Any chance you have a link to that article? Or copies? Luckily, the Access Port is still up and running on the JCW's but not the "S" yet. I'm interested in reading about the NM Tune.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold