elpollodiablo

Custom RMW "Hushpower" exhaust for sale

So here are the specs of the exhuast:

-RMW Hushpower exhaust

-100% stainless steel

-Hand fabricated "hushpower" mufflers

-3" midpipe with a Magnaflow racing cat (I can't find the specs but it was supposed to be the best flowing 3" cat at the time)

-2.25" secondary pipes (after the exhaust splits and goes around the battery box)

-3" tips (these aren't 3" megaphone tips like the magnaflow. . .these are pipes, big stinking huge pipes)

-This is the best flowing exhaust you can get for your mini. . .the folks at RRT (that installed the replacement exhaust) said it would easily support 700hp if you threw it at it.

The exhaust was hand fabricated to Jan at RMW's specs back in 2009, all the work was done by the same shop that fabricates all of the RMW exhuasts, headers and has done all the work on Jan's 400hp race mini.

Anyone from the club that's heard the exhaust will attest that this is the most rediculous sounding exhuast anyone has heard on a mini (granted I am running the 2.0L race headers as well.) If you want docile, you don't want this exhuast, if you want mean and nasty, this exhaust was made for you. With my race headers and 2.0 engine, it sounds like i'm running a small block V8 with glass packs. I just installed a magnaflow catback on my car and the RMW exhaust sounds very similar but is quite a bit louder and the burble pop pop is much much louder. There really wasn't more drone than the magnaflow (not much) again, just louder.

Why am I selling it? I live in a quieter part of arlington. . .setting off car alarms when I leave for work has been getting me complaints at my condo association and glares from the suits when driving around clarendon.

Is there anything that needs to be done to the exhaust so it will fit my car: YES!

The exhaust is put together with V bands using boltup or slip joints. You will need to have an exhuast shop either modify the exhaust so it will bolt up to yours or have them fabricate an adapter to hook it up to your exhuast.

Is there anything wrong with the exhaust?

YES! There are 4 cracked welds on the exhuast that need to be patched. RRT said it would take about 2.5 hours worth of labor to fix it up perfect. They have already marked the exhuast where it needs to be fixed up. The cracks are there because I have a bad tune and have been running crazy rich which makes your EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperatures) run very high. The extreme heat along with running through puddles cracked a couple welds. If you're running a proper tune you shouldn't have an issue.

If you have your own exhaust shop you want to work with, make sure they have the equipment/expertise to work with stainless. RRT out in Sterling did an absolutely gorgeous job on doing some custom modifications to my new exhaust, they charge $105 an hour.

And finally. . .I'd like to get $500 for the exhaust. That may sound like a lot for a used exhuast that needs some work but this was hand fabricated by one of the best mini shops in the country and was just stupidly expensive. I originally wanted to get a lot more out of it but since it needs some work I'm letting it go for a lot less.

I'll get some pics posted up in the next few days.

Edited by elpollodiablo

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Was I pulling out of the storage unit there? I think I remember seeing another mini right out there last night. I am indeed hyper blue and was there at 10pm straight up (dropping the old exhaust into my storage unit.)

Nope, that's the new exhaust. . .still pretty loud but not nearly as loud as the old one. . .Again, the old one sounds very similar to the new one, just louder.

Thanks for the compliments!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd have to bring my Mustang to this theoretical match-up. :tongue:

(The JCW exhaust is nice, but it isn't crazy loud)

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Do you have audio/video of what the exhaust sounded like on your mini? Also pics?

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

You guys are making me miss my old DINAN exhaust... :embarassed:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Was I pulling out of the storage unit there? I think I remember seeing another mini right out there last night. I am indeed hyper blue and was there at 10pm straight up (dropping the old exhaust into my storage unit.)

I was outside eating a late dinner with my fiancee... facing the other direction but I tend to get distracted by loud cars so turned around in time to catch a glimpse

Wish I'd heard the hushpower though - must be awesome!

I post stuff on my MINI here: http://techometerblog.com/

Here's some pics, totally spaced on taking pics of it on the car. The pipe tips are 3".

Haven't polished it up/washed it off so it's a bit road grimy.

59cedb63b5690_Small2012-03-2410_16_01.thumb.jpg.c798234ff2344fb591a919f0ced79865.jpg

59cedb63a5c88_2012-03-2410_14_56.thumb.jpg.c7ad479cb8e9fce35059410922a7571e.jpg

59cedb639fed4_SMALL2012-03-2410_14_53.thumb.jpg.5311183240a318967416e92487525f89.jpg

59cedb63b5690_Small2012-03-2410_16_01.thumb.jpg.c798234ff2344fb591a919f0ced79865.jpg

59cedb63a5c88_2012-03-2410_14_56.thumb.jpg.c7ad479cb8e9fce35059410922a7571e.jpg

59cedb639fed4_SMALL2012-03-2410_14_53.thumb.jpg.5311183240a318967416e92487525f89.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]