minime331

Good websites for parts?

so i am looking to get some upgrades for my r53 and i was wondering what are some good websites to look at to buy stuff from

i have been looking at

outmotoring

and

mini mania

what are some other good places to look at

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

so i am looking to get some upgrades for my r53 and i was wondering what are some good websites to look at to buy stuff from

i have been looking at

outmotoring

and

mini mania

what are some other good places to look at

Don't forget Mach V and they are local, a vendor and they do installs.

Way Motorworks

Realoem.com

Helix

Detroit Tuned

M7

NM Engineering

autoXcooper

That should get you started, let me know if you've still got anything left in your wallet and I can probably name a few more! :)

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

That should get you started, let me know if you've still got anything left in your wallet and I can probably name a few more! :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: yea i think i might start off small some stuff here and there

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

I've had tremendous luck over at Way Motor Works. . .Way is a wealth of knowledge and will sell you the parts that you need rather than what is the most expensive. He hasn't steered me wrong.

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What are you thinking of buying?

i don't really know yet some performance parts, suspension, lights, ....

theres just so many things you can do to a mini it's kind of overwhelming

You'll get lots of help from this gang if you are looking for ideas. A great idea is to come out to events when you can so you can meet people and see what they have done and get their thoughts.

When I started down this path, I had many of the same questions and I got some great advice from a former member and it makes sense when you think about it. For safety's sake (yours and those on the road with you), consider improving braking, handling and then performance - in that order. Mild performance mods mixed in with those would be fine but BIG things like a tune or upgraded supercharger could put you in a situation in which the car doesn't have the ability to control more power.

Just my .02 on the order of things.

You'll get lots of help from this gang if you are looking for ideas. A great idea is to come out to events when you can so you can meet people and see what they have done and get their thoughts.

When I started down this path, I had many of the same questions and I got some great advice from a former member and it makes sense when you think about it. For safety's sake (yours and those on the road with you), consider improving braking, handling and then performance - in that order. Mild performance mods mixed in with those would be fine but BIG things like a tune or upgraded supercharger could put you in a situation in which the car doesn't have the ability to control more power.

Just my .02 on the order of things.

that is a great thing to think about i didnt think about that at all

thanks for that :smile:

Pelican parts is great for OEM parts at reasonable prices.
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one, Jono... I find Pelican Parts to be a good, quick way to get a "roughly dealer price" quote or even "more expensive than the dealer" quote... but it's quick and easy to use so it serves a purpose.

Case in point... I'm currently planning for a big ticket OEM item for my MINI. I have looked into prices for it. Note this is for a single MINI part number:

Pelican Parts: $2320.25

MINI of Sterling: $2263.65

MINI of Alexandria: $2263.65

MINI of Morristown: $2037.29

Classic MINI of Ohio: $1754.33

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

ANyone know if there is an ECU chip upgrade for the Countryman S?
Jeff - since the engine in the Countryman S is exactly the same as that in the R56 Cooper S, I expect that any ECU chip for the R56 upgrades will work just the same.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

ANyone know if there is an ECU chip upgrade for the Countryman S?

Unfortunately, the "chip upgrades" like Uni-chip" and others have been pretty unreliable in the second gen cars. Your best, safest and most proven options are with either Jan at RMW or the guys at Alta. in a few weeks, I'll be putting my R55 on the dyno and we can all see exactly what the Alta tunes will or will not do.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one, Jono... I find Pelican Parts to be a good, quick way to get a "roughly dealer price" quote or even "more expensive than the dealer" quote... but it's quick and easy to use so it serves a purpose.

Case in point... I'm currently planning for a big ticket OEM item for my MINI. I have looked into prices for it. Note this is for a single MINI part number:

Pelican Parts: $2320.25

MINI of Sterling: $2263.65

MINI of Alexandria: $2263.65

MINI of Morristown: $2037.29

Classic MINI of Ohio: $1754.33

fair enough, but I also think the same can be said about any of the sites. . . some rob from Peter to pay Paul, and what might be a great deal somewhere, is made up for in a few other parts. No biggie, just nature of the business I suppose.

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

Jeff - since the engine in the Countryman S is exactly the same as that in the R56 Cooper S, I expect that any ECU chip for the R56 upgrades will work just the same.

Thanks man,,Cheers!

2012 Countryman S, stick, Lt White/Lt White, JCW aero kit, xenon blk housing, anthrcite head liner, HK, blk 17's,

Unfortunately, the "chip upgrades" like Uni-chip" and others have been pretty unreliable in the second gen cars. Your best, safest and most proven options are with either Jan at RMW or the guys at Alta. in a few weeks, I'll be putting my R55 on the dyno and we can all see exactly what the Alta tunes will or will not do.

Sounds good, thanks!

2012 Countryman S, stick, Lt White/Lt White, JCW aero kit, xenon blk housing, anthrcite head liner, HK, blk 17's,

I just finished a 6 month restoration process on my 2006 R53. The sites that were most useful for me were:

1. OUTMOTORING
  2. PELICAN PARTS
  3. Seattle MINI / Morristown MINI

I purchased one item from ebay and some from Amazon, but those ones above were the best MINI-specific sources.

Edited by Scavenger

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com