GreenCactus

Who's Going?

Oh no, that's terrible! :frown: Even if Bender is out for MOTD, I hope that Jennifer & Jim are able to get a MINI loaner car and come to MOTD anyway while repairs are done.

Was this in TN or still in VA? Also, what lane was the pothole in? (Lane 1 = far left). There will be a LOT of people in MINIs driving down I-81S over the next 5 or 6 days - I encourage posting of all of these pothole details on MA & NAM too.

They got towed to Flow MINI so I would guess it's somewhere near there. I THINK it was the left lane, but not 100% sure on that.

I posted to MA

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I did some sleuthing to help people figure out where the pot hole was. The tow truck had a number on the side, so I googled it. It's from Wytheville, VA. Which is right off of 81, I'm going to guess the pot hole was in that area.

They did post that Flow MINI took care of them and they got back on the road.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Hi folks :wavey: The pothole is between the 120 and 116 mile markers, the far left lane. There's a construction / congested area right before the pothole. We slowed down to about 20-25, then once we cleared the congestion and sped back up, we found it.

The lanes are concrete, and the hole kind of blended in until I was right up on it, with no chance to swerve or change lanes (cars next to me).

We stopped in Polaski, VA and a little over an hour later the truck arrived and towed us to Flow MINI in Winston-Salem. We got there about 2:30 - they close at 3 - and the Service Dept took us right in, and hooked us up. Was an expensive detour, but we're doing fine now.

BTW, if you hadn't heard. The State Troopers were out in full force yesterday. I got popped (79 in a 70) and get to pay the man :tongue: They weren't giving warnings, but in my situation I was kind of boxed in, all of us going about the same speed, and I somehow got 'tagged'. Oh well.

Watch your speed, and watch for potholes!

BTW, if you hadn't heard. The State Troopers were out in full force yesterday. I got popped (79 in a 70) and get to pay the man :tongue: They weren't giving warnings, but in my situation I was kind of boxed in, all of us going about the same speed, and I somehow got 'tagged'. Oh well.

Watch your speed, and watch for potholes!

Nooooooooo! Sighhh! So cruise control is a must! Geez!

You got 'tagged' cause it's a MINI!

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL"