GreenCactus

Who's Going?

Aren't you leading the Bridal Veil Falls run??

GiGi,

I didn't count us as registering for the event since we are actually coordinating it.

Ali opened herself up for a few remarks but I'll leave it. Yep, we'll be there for the Bridal Veil Falls Run for sure!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

So, I registered, but I only did base, since I am not sure about my timeframe yet. Hopefully I can register for some of the other events at a later date.

I wouldn't wait...some events have caps on the # of attendees....some have already filled up. Sooner rather than later.

I have my cabin behind Celia's again. Sadly, there's no more real Dublin Dr. Pepper for me to bring. (damn you, Dr. Pepper Corporation :argh:). Still working on alternative Plan B. Got any requests or suggestions?

I ran into some tonight in Old Town.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Stella" 2007 MCS, SS/B, Red Lounge Leather, WMW DV, NM Engineering TA, KIWI WIFI + Rev + KUDA

So in two weeks I start a new job as a Fed. As soon as I had my start date, and my leave accrual rate calculated I figured out that I would accrue just barely enough time to go to the Dragon. I haven't even started the job yet, but I do have approval for the trip.

Whew! I was a little worried

:top:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'll be driving UP to the Dragon for the first time! Weather here all winter has been mid 70's to mid 80's, amazing and running MINI top down at all times.

It's going to be weird doing a completely different route, the old drive to the Dragon from VA I did 7 times, plus two at times other than MOTD to the 'sleeping dragon'. :biggrin:

I will only sign up for basic. No time for bingo, beer, poker etc. Last year I drove 10-12 hours every day. :top:

Tell me about it. I'll be there the weekend before on my Ducati, leaving on Monday to DC, two leg trip, so that I can leave again on Wednesday on the Mini :rock:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] MR EZ; 06 MCS HB/HB, Sport, Conv, Cold, Areo Kit, Rack, JCW wing, rear fog and lots of nice stickers

*heavy sigh* Due 2 the high gas prices, it looks like I'll have 2 miss this event 4 the 2nd year in a row :banghead:!!! I have a single cabin reserved (again) that's all paid for from Friday thru Sunday. If anyone is interested, pm me. Was really looking 4ward 2 going at long last, but noooooo. Dammitall2hell!!! So, I'll just have 2 be satisfied with doing MTTS, which will be cool. :smile:

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

That's a tough call to make - the 10th anniversary of MOTD or MTTS which is just a bunch of boring highway driving... Wish you could be going with us and if you change your mind, you will have a great time!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Hey Audrey,

I agree with Craig that you really should try to go to MOTD :top: You would get to hang out with a bunch of cool MINIacs and do a few runs. You never know what the gas prices will do and you will probably spend the same at MTTS :motor:

Plus you can save some cash by taking some runs with me :itsme:or I am sure, other DCMM'rs would love your company :biggrin:

See ya soon, Brian

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Awww, thanks, Craig & Brian!:biggrin: I was soooo looking 4ward 2 going because it IS the 10th Anniversary -- that alone speaks volumes! I haven't cancelled anything yet, just so u know. I heard the trip is 9 hrs each way, which I don't mind at all; however, I kinda panicked because once there, I'll need 2 drive more (gotta do the Dragon at least once, right?), which would consume more gas. I really enjoyed MTTS in 2010, and was looking 4ward 2 it again. Was planning 2 visit a friend when I got 2 NC, which would be cool.

I tellya, if the prices don't get down 2 at least $3-something, it'll kinda scare me. I'll hold off doing anything drastic, tho, 'til the 2nd 2 last wk of April. :wink:

Because we live so close to the capital gas prices tend to be high, but keep in mind as you head south so do the gas prices... so really you only need to fill up enough to get outta town (aka the orange zone) and stop to fill up in the green zone! :top:

map.jpg?t=1331837522

Really? It only takes me 7 hrs (give or take an hr or so) 2 drive 2 Charlotte 1 way!

@Celia: Oh, kewl! I'll keep that in mind! My brother tells me gas is still cheaper in NJ than it is here, as well!

To the dragon and back, with a few events/runs while there is still less gas than you'll use to drive MTTS!

*heavy sigh* Due 2 the high gas prices, it looks like I'll have 2 miss this event 4 the 2nd year in a row :banghead:!!! I have a single cabin reserved (again) that's all paid for from Friday thru Sunday. If anyone is interested, pm me. Was really looking 4ward 2 going at long last, but noooooo. Dammitall2hell!!! So, I'll just have 2 be satisfied with doing MTTS, which will be cool. :smile:
Audrey, let me put it to you this way... if you had ever been to MOTD before, this wouldn't even be a question for you. There's no MINI event like MOTD. None. It is that good. The awesome people and the gorgeous location combine into a slice of MINI utopia.

I remember having doubts, concerns and nervousness the first time I went, back in 2005. My fears were completely gone on the first day, and now it holds an automatic and permanent place on my annual calendar - this will be my 8th one in a row. My work already knows and expects that I am taking that week off, every year. Yep, I take the entire week off, just for MOTD.

Do whatever you have to do to make it... you won't regret it! And try your darnedest to take off an extra workday or two if you can, so you can come for even longer - again, you'll be glad you did. Every day spent there is a blessing! :biggrin:

Same goes for anyone else "on the fence". Nothing else truly compares - no, not even MTTS, IMO. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129