JAB 67

Need a room for the Dragon

Greetings MINIacs! This is my first year going to the dragon so I'm late on the power curve for finding lodging. Good news is I got a call from the Historic Topoco Lodge this weekend and reserved one of their brand new (construction finishes this week) suites (it's the Calderwood Flat – not listed yet). The room has a hot tub and includes breakfast and five course dinners during the stay for $269/night. The problem is it’s out of my budget. I’m in the search for something more economical, which means if I do I can transfer my reservation to someone else.

For anyone else in the same situation, I’ve found a cabin that is 30 minutes from Fontana Village (approx. 5 minutes further than Microtel based on Google Maps). This cabin can accommodate 14 people (possible more with air mattresses and couch crashers). The price for Wed – Sun reservation is $1781.00. That would end up being ~$127/person (not per night! oops) . I’ve attached a few photos, but here’s the description.

Please PM if you're intersted (also posted on MA).

Brand New home in 2008. This home has all the amenities, appliance, and comfort one would expect in a modern well appointed home. Professionally decorated with attention to the small details, with the functionality of a mountain lodge. Post and beam construction with cathedral ceilings gives this home the warmth of a Western Canada hunting lodge.

The great room features a 25' tall grand fireplace, cathedral ceiling with a walk around balcony overlooking great room. Massive picture windows overlook the mountains. Outside, over 1500 sf of decks and balconies overlook the mountains in all directions. Perfect mountaintop views of the Great Smokey National Park and Clingman's Dome (hightest point in Eastern US). At night the decks offer a stunning star studded panorama, or place to relax in the jacuzzi, under the stars.

Home features master bedroom with queen bed, reading chair, private bath with oversize soaking tub, shower, and full cedar walk in closet. Second bedroom has a queen bed. Third bedroom has a queen bed. Loft- two queen beds, full bathroom, fireplace, sitting room, and two upper balcony decks. 5th bedroom sleeps 3 on a double futon bunk bed. Basement has pool and ping/pong. (This is a non smoking home, no pets, allergen free home)

Features:

Jacuzzi, Pool Table, Ping Pong Table, Indoor Fireplace, Outside firepit, and more!

Edited by Poison Ivy
removing HTML tags. correct price.

Signature.JPG

This is a last call for anyone interested in taking over my reservation at the Historic Tapoco Lodge in Robbinsville, NC.

I've had this reservation to two months and will not need it since we're staying in a cabin in Fontana. Even though I have until 24 hours prior to cancel my reservation, I'm not doing anyone justice by holding onto it. I've kept my reservation in case there's someone who still needs lodging and would like to take over the reservation. I'd rather not let it be out of sight, out of mind and not get a refund (I know myself... :banghead:) Therefore, I'm cancelling my reservation this Friday.

I have a May 2-6 reservation for a Calderwood Flat, Mini Suite.

This beautifully updated room once served as the ladies’ wait staff dormitory in the 1930’s and has been renovated in the Tapoco style. The Calderwood Flat features a spacious bedroom with a plush king size bed, a full bathroom that includes a whirlpool and walk in shower as well as original pine flooring. A gourmet five course dinner for two by our esteemed chef is included with your stay as well as a made to order country breakfast.

http://tapocolodge.com/Accommodations/Mini-Suites.aspx

Signature.JPG

I had posted there before and didn't get any interest, but I'll post the last call one more time. I did however see that someone is giving up their Fontana Village Cabin reservation.

Checkmate

I have an entire cabin I am letting go as I've decided to room with someone else rather than hunt down roomies this year.

The Cabin is near the fire pit and just up the road from Katies Cabin. It's a remodeled cabin, so very nice inside

It is a 2 bedroom 2 bath cabin, I believe it is $239 a night. all I need is someone to reimburse me the deposit, we'll call up fontana and switch the names on the cabin. smile.gif Let me know... thanks

Signature.JPG