kgdblu

They finally banned semis on the Dragon!

For commerce, it's not a great step. Look at the area and you'll see that HWY 129 cuts the distance dramatically. Yep, I'm glad they are banned but I'm sure there will be some economic impact as a result. Now if they could just ban Soccer Mom's in their Mini vans from the Dragon!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

For commerce, it's not a great step. Look at the area and you'll see that HWY 129 cuts the distance dramatically. Yep, I'm glad they are banned but I'm sure there will be some economic impact as a result. Now if they could just ban Soccer Mom's in their Mini vans from the Dragon!

and Hardley Ablesons...I got stuck behind one those 3 years ago...he took every turn at 10mph.:hmpf::argh:

What about the economic impact when a truck jackknifes around a bend and possibly kills someone? Let them drive the extra distance....it might save a life!

Read the linked document closely and it eliminates MOST tractor trailers but it doesn't get rid of all of them. Through trucks have more restrictions but local trucks can still be up to 48 feet long.

I guess maybe the Dragon should be closed and drivers it should be certified to use it? If it's closed, it'll be a private road so there's no need for speed limits but of course, private roads aren't maintained by the state so someone would have to buy it and then they would have to charge to access it so it could be maintained for the select crowd who get certified for it.

Seriously folks, it's a public road, paid for by the tax payers so it's open to "We the People" and not just "We the People that we think should use it". MOTD lasts for 3 days a year: Harley's and other motorcycles are on the dragon, spending their money almost all year. If they counted on us to keep their business going, they would starve...

The road will be safer without a doubt and yes, I joked about mini vans but, again, it's a public road.

Edited by cmcveay

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Read the linked document closely and it eliminates MOST tractor trailers but it doesn't get rid of all of them. Through trucks have more restrictions but local trucks can still be up to 48 feet long.

I guess maybe the Dragon should be closed and drivers it should be certified to use it? If it's closed, it'll be a private road so there's no need for speed limits but of course, private roads aren't maintained by the state so someone would have to buy it and then they would have to charge to access it so it could be maintained for the select crowd who get certified for it.

Seriously folks, it's a public road, paid for by the tax payers so it's open to "We the People" and not just "We the People that we think should use it". MOTD lasts for 3 days a year: Harley's and other motorcycles are on the dragon, spending their money almost all year. If they counted on us to keep their business going, they would starve...

The road will be safer without a doubt and yes, I joked about mini vans but, again, it's a public road.

we know, Craig...just letting our fantasies run wild a bit is all.

:congrats: It's about flippin' time!

What I never understood is that, if any one of us so much as touched the center lines with our tires (or maybe just barely crossed over them), we could be issued a ticket. Okay, fine, I get it. They want to promote safer driving (couldn't possibly be that they want to generate revenue). So how could it possibly be legal, under the same set of laws, for a semi to drive that same road, when they not only cross the center lines in most of the turns, they actually have to completely straddle the shoulders of both lanes and block the turn completely to get around pretty much every single one of the tight turns. Talk about dangerous driving!