TGGRRR (Ali)

Tonight on the Travel channel the Dragon

I saw this on FB from Dale

At 10 PM, The Travel Channel has an episode of "America's Wildest Roads" and they have a segment on a motorcycle group on the Dragon. I know the Discovery Channel did a piece on Darryl Cannon of Killboy fame and this is probably that show. Though they were only out there this Tuesday, That would be some pretty fast editing. Either way, with or without a segment on Killboy, IT'S THE DRAGON!!!!!!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thanks for the heads up, Ali! I have set my DVR. However, my cable channel guide has this description for tonight's episode:

Living through the Joplin tornado.

Beats me... maybe it's mis-listed? :dontknow:

EDIT: Nevermind... I went to the Travel Channel website and here's the full description:

America's Wildest Roads: Wet & Wild

A trucker barely escapes the deadly 2011 Joplin Missouri tornado in Tornado Alley. A biker club cruises a Tennessee road with over 518 hairpin turns. TV-G, CC

So yep - tonight is it! Mind you, they were off on the number of turns by 200. LOL

Edited by Edge
Sorted it out

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Thanks for the heads up, Ali! I have set my DVR. However, my cable channel guide has this description for tonight's episode:

Living through the Joplin tornado.

Beats me... maybe it's mis-listed? :dontknow:

EDIT: Nevermind... I went to the Travel Channel website and here's the full description:

America's Wildest Roads: Wet & Wild

A trucker barely escapes the deadly 2011 Joplin Missouri tornado in Tornado Alley. A biker club cruises a Tennessee road with over 518 hairpin turns. TV-G, CC

So yep - tonight is it! Mind you, they were off on the number of turns by 200. LOL

Maybe they counted the entrance AND exit to each turn? :) Setting the DVR now.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

No a bad piece, but you'd never know cars ever touched the Dragon. Pretty crappy from that standpoint. Did make me wanna go this weekend though! Good piece on Darryl Cannon though. Glad Killboy got so air time.

Motoring Alliance posted the Discovery Channel was doing a piece on him Last Tuesday and for everyone to come out to the Dragon. That segment sure wasn't shot last week. The trees were still full of green leaves. So there may still be another piece coming out sometime.

Yeah I was very disappointed at how short and motorcycle-focused (I can appreciate them being the primary focus but how about mentioning all of the varied sports car groups that come too?) the Dragon piece was. Blink and you missed it. Seems they spent at least triple the time on the small off road group. I watched the entire show and I doubt I'll ever record and watch it again, unless it's for a special piece like this one was.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129