TGGRRR (Ali)

Dec Club Dinner

We have reservations for 5:00 at the Mad Fox Brewing company in Falls Church.

http://madfoxbrewing.com/

There is parking in the parking garage, hopefully we can all find a level that's empty enough to all park together.

We will be in our own room with the fireplace.

This place has great food and beer. They make everything from scratch. The menu is really varied and it's got something for everyone.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

This is a pretty decent size group... anyone interested in doing a white elephant gift exchange?

Rules of the White Elephant Gift Exchange:

1. Bring along a wrapped gift. (Spend no more than $20)

2. Be secretive about your gift. The idea is for people to not know who the gift is coming from.

3. We all will draw a number, and beginning with #1, choose and open a gift.

4. The next person will make a choice of whether to open a gift or to "steal" an already opened gift. If they steal a gift, the person with the stolen gift has an option of stealing from someone else, or opening a new gift.

5. A gift can only be stolen 3 times.

6. Go to the next person in order and repeat. The exchange continues until every gift has been opened and the last person keeps their gift.

Edited by Poison Ivy
added WEGE Rules

Signature.JPG

This is a pretty decent size group... anyone interested in doing a white elephant gift exchange?

Rules of the White Elephant Gift Exchange:

1. Bring along a wrapped gift. (Spend no more than $20)

2. Be secretive about your gift. The idea is for people to not know who the gift is coming from.

3. We all will draw a number, and beginning with #1, choose and open a gift.

4. The next person will make a choice of whether to open a gift or to "steal" an already opened gift. If they steal a gift, the person with the stolen gift has an option of stealing from someone else, or opening a new gift.

5. A gift can only be stolen 3 times.

6. Go to the next person in order and repeat. The exchange continues until every gift has been opened and the last person keeps their gift.

I'm not big on them, but if people want to do it, just make it voluntary for those that want to play. Some people love playing these things.

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm not big on them, but if people want to do it, just make it voluntary for those that want to play. Some people love playing these things.

Ali

We typically have a post-holiday party in January or February where we do this.

Also, there isn't that much space at Mad Fox (I was just there last night), so I don't think this is the best time to do it.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Well I'm glad I called to confirm, no one had our reservations anywhere and I had called it in weeks ago.

So we're all set, but not in our own room, but we are all together. They are giving us the full menu and will give us separate checks. YAY!!!!

I will watch the reservations and if we go over 30 I'll call them back and update.

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

Well I'm glad I called to confirm, no one had our reservations anywhere and I had called it in weeks ago.

So we're all set, but not in our own room, but we are all together. They are giving us the full menu and will give us separate checks. YAY!!!!

I will watch the reservations and if we go over 30 I'll call them back and update.

Ali

I've been there a few times and I really want to like the place, but the service has never been that great. We had a much smaller DCMM dinner here last February and we were there for over 2 hours because the server was incredibly flustered. I believe she was new, but they didn't have any other servers to help her out. I'm just saying we should be prepared for things not to go smoothly. :itsme:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Thanks for letting us know Ryan

For those of you coming, I'm going to try and get there a little early and park down a few levels where there are less cars. Then we can have a big happy row of MINIs all together

I was looking at the map and could not figure out where the parking structure is. Can anyone give me some basic directions where to park?

See ya this afternoon, B.

2012 Jeep Rubicon

I was looking at the map and could not figure out where the parking structure is. Can anyone give me some basic directions where to park?

See ya this afternoon, B.

It's really easy to find. Basically you'll turn off of Main street into a little side street lined with little stores. The Mad Fox will be on your right. Pass it, and the garage is at the end. I think you have to jog a bit right then left into it.

I tried dropping a green arrow onto it, so hopefully this works

http://g.co/maps/uk6xn

Tggrrr010.jpg

It's really easy to find. Basically you'll turn off of Main street into a little side street lined with little stores. The Mad Fox will be on your right. Pass it, and the garage is at the end. I think you have to jog a bit right then left into it.

I tried dropping a green arrow onto it, so hopefully this works

http://g.co/maps/uk6xn

:top: Just saw the location on Google using street view. Thanks

2012 Jeep Rubicon

I'll park away from the crowd since I'm a non-MINI driver for a few more days. Merlin should be coming home from his "plastic surgery" on Tuesday or Wednesday. I stopped to visit yesterday and all of the parts are in.

For those of you who complain about any of the loaner cars from the dealership... It sucks far worse when you have to pay to rent a total POS Dodge Caliber... No power, crappy brakes, HORRIBLE handling and it feels like I'm sitting in the cab of an 18 wheeler it's so high up in the air! Lona says it's harder to drive it in traffic (it's an automatic) than either of cars. How's that for a ringing endorsement of that Detroit based auto?

I'm putting the new floor in the 2nd bathroom to get it ready for tile and I look forward to seeing everyone this afternoon!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold