grmncrsnbr

New guy in a not new MINI

Picked up a 2005 MINI Cooper last week with 107550 on the clock. Single owner used for travel so lots of highway. Body and interior were in great shape so I couldn't pass up the deal. Hyper Blue with black top and mirrors, nav, heated seats, sunroof and auto climate control.

Already had to replace the battery but ordered some other items, some of which will be going on this afternoon if the wind doesnt thwart my efforts.

WMW Ignition Kit (new plugs, wires and ignitor) and a stubby antenna from WMW. I also ordered their "first oil change" kit which I will most likely do at the end of the month.

I picked the car up for a daily since my Jeep is killing me in gas. I love driving it though and have some plans for future modifications as time and money permit.

Some pics I have taken already:

6255844792_3f217c6fe3_z.jpg

Day291 by grmncrsnbr, on Flickr

6242700456_5eeb22266e_z.jpg

Day287 by grmncrsnbr, on Flickr

6242700502_6d1a923024_z.jpg

DSC_0026 by grmncrsnbr, on Flickr

and the gas guzzler

5711201455_aa59978a6c_z.jpg

NewLift2 by grmncrsnbr, on Flickr

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to DCMM's. Check out the calendar, we have three events this weekend. 3rd Annual Halloween Costume Contest at Passport MINI of Alexandria is on Saturday Morning, a Mod-Party in the Afternoon, and our October Dinner at Sakura of Tysons on Sunday evening.

Signature.JPG

Roy,

Greetings to you and Jen! Looking forward to meeting you guys at an event before too long! I know what you mean about the Jeep and gasoline expenses. My '77 CJ-7 could get about 9mpg on good days and that wasn't much fun since my daily commute was just short of 80 miles...

You should hurry up with a name for your MINI or Ali (TGGRRR) will start trying to name it for you!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

That's a great name

Like you'll love her For-Eva!!! :love:

Aren't we getting clever!:idea:

Welcome! :wavey:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Welcome, and Hi Eva! You'll definitely enjoy the increased gas mileage!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

That's a great name

Like you'll love her For-Eva!!! :love:

Thank you Miss Quitta :biggrin:

I missed a chance! Redo!

Aren't we getting Cl-Eva!

Sorry Roy and Jen, this is just a true welcome from the MINIacs. We are a unique bunch and we don't miss a chance to be witty. ;)

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Thanks everyone for the welcoming, sounds like a fun group of people I think I will fit in quite nicely.

Got my ignition kit installed yesterday, really happy with the results.

Looking for a recommendation, should I get an injector service done to clean them up or install new ones? Lord knows after 100k they probably need some love.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So funny story, even though I replaced my Jeep I still have my Mini, haven't been driving it much until this weekend when i renewed my love for it. Have intentions of paying it off then upgrading to a used 2nd Gen S. Got some small things in mind for her over the coming months other than driving her.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So funny story, even though I replaced my Jeep I still have my Mini, haven't been driving it much until this weekend when i renewed my love for it. Have intentions of paying it off then upgrading to a used 2nd Gen S. Got some small things in mind for her over the coming months other than driving her.

Yay! I love hearing stories of MINI Love :love:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg