cmcveay

DCMM Event at MOTD 10

Well, it must be time to start thinking about the 10th Anniversary of MINIs on the Dragon 'cause here we are, talking about events!

This year, DCMM will be leading one of the drives at the Dragon and we'd like to reach out to the club membership that's going to Fontana for help.

We (DCMM) will be leading a drive to visit Briday Veil Falls and Dry Falls and we are looking at doing this on Thursday (May 3rd) at 7 a.m. We'll head over to the parking lot for Dry Falls where the group will stage from and then, we'll have 5-6 cars make the short trip to Bridal Veil falls for a kodak moment. Those waiting can take the short walk down to Dry falls for another photo op.

If anyone is willing to help with this, volunteers are greatly appreciated. Please RSVP if you are going to the Dragon and would like to lend a hand.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

We will have to figure out the volunteer jobs needed. The event is listed as max 30 MINIs, but the staging area parking lot by Dry Falls doesn't have 30 spots. So we'll need people to help coordinate the moving of the MINIs to Bridal Veil Falls and back to Dry Falls. I would guess, that is where most of the work will be.

Barry wanted us to finalize the details which meant basically picking the lunch place. He gave me 3 suggestions in the area, I picked the BBQ place.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I used to live in Mills River, NC not far from Bridal Falls. If any one remembers Alton Brown's Feasting on Asphalt on the food channel several years back. He stopped in a place called Cashiers, NC at Carolina Smokehouse and had what he called one of the best BBQ. Cashiers is a short but twisty drive from Bridal Falls. I will be in DC for your Beltway run and will bring the DVD if someone has a computer, and I have a large scale map of the area.

We should probably do a volunteers role call to be sure we know who is planning to help out. I know I'm missing people but I'll start it and then as people respond I'll edit this post with all of the names. So who else was planning to help out?

Craig

Ali

Marty

Quitta

Catalina

Sherm

Help out with logistics before event

Laura

Edited by TGGRRR

Tggrrr010.jpg

Ali, I am available to help. Btw, do the volunteers participate in the run at all?

Thanks Sherm

Oh yes, volunteers will be on the run

We'll need to organize the run itself, will probably need two leaders (in case we get broken up) and two sweepers. We'll need people in the middle of the pack to relay on the radios.

Once we get to Dry Falls we'll need to organize sending a few cars down to the falls and back which is going to be interesting. The reason for such an early start is we want to get to the park while things are still quiet.

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

Is DCMM involved in this?

http://www.cafepress.com/motd_store.605690424

Just wondering if this will supersede the DCMM MOTD t-shirt we've had made up the past couple of years.

Yes, DCMM was involved with that.

We are still going to do DCMM MOTD shirts as we have in the past. I will be posting them here in the next few weeks.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186