mistertripps

Coming back to DC

As some of you who are on FB already know, I got some exciting news last week. My position with SSA is being transferred to our headquarters in Falls Church, so we will be moving permanently to the DC area as soon as they can come up with the relocation funds to move me (some time between now and March is what they tell me).

I am looking forward to being back with the DCMM crowd, especially since I will have the family with me this time. We are also excited to be bringing the LEGO MINI back home since we bought her at Passport. We can't wait to get back on the road with the best MINI club in America!

:rock::rock::rock:

Stanley - 2006 MINI Cooper S

Carmen - 2008 MINI Clubman S - The LEGO MINI

As some of you who are on FB already know, I got some exciting news last week. My position with SSA is being transferred to our headquarters in Falls Church, so we will be moving permanently to the DC area as soon as they can come up with the relocation funds to move me (some time between now and March is what they tell me).

I am looking forward to being back with the DCMM crowd, especially since I will have the family with me this time. We are also excited to be bringing the LEGO MINI back home since we bought her at Passport. We can't wait to get back on the road with the best MINI club in America!

:rock::rock::rock:

This is great news. Since your job will be in Falls Church, you can move into the area where Craig, Haemish and I live. Then there will be more MINIacs living off of Little River Tpk.

Welcome back!!!

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Since your job will be in Falls Church, you can move into the area where Craig, Haemish and I live.

Ali - we would deefinitely love some suggestions about where to look. We are planning to rent, and would really like a house with at least three bedrooms. A townhouse isn't out of the question, but with two kids and the animals, we have to make sure we have enough space. We were thinking of looking in Manassas to begin with. Even though it is a little further out, we can get something bigger for the money than we can inside the Beltway. I'm used to traffic living in Atlanta, and Manassas is about as far out as I am from work now. Where is Little River Tpk? I don't remember that from my last short stint in the area.

Tim - We're all in the Annandale area, Little River Tpk runs from 395 to the beltway and it borders Falls Church. I live in a pretty nice community with houses and townhouses. I can find out if there are any 3 bedroom rentals. You would have a short commute and MINI neighbors.

Lately there are a lot more rentals then their used to be. We don't have big yards here, but we have nice common areas and lots of families with kids and dogs.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Tim - We're all in the Annandale area, Little River Tpk runs from 395 to the beltway and it borders Falls Church. I live in a pretty nice community with houses and townhouses. I can find out if there are any 3 bedroom rentals. You would have a short commute and MINI neighbors.

Lately there are a lot more rentals then their used to be. We don't have big yards here, but we have nice common areas and lots of families with kids and dogs.

Okay, thanks. My grandparents lived in Annandale when I was really young, so I checked around there when I thought I was moving before. I made the mistake of going to their old neighborhood, which is filled with houses selling for $750,000 and up now.... It would have been nice if they had held on to their house for me. :tongue:

Okay, thanks. My grandparents lived in Annandale when I was really young, so I checked around there when I thought I was moving before. I made the mistake of going to their old neighborhood, which is filled with houses selling for $750,000 and up now.... It would have been nice if they had held on to their house for me. :tongue:

Yes that would have been :smile: There are some really nice areas of Annandale.

Townhouses in our community go for less then half of that now a days. I don't know rentals but I can find out.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Hey Tim, if you would like a MINI driving realtors help, I would be more than happy to meet with you. I work for Long & Foster Realtors in Falls Church and drive an interstate yellow mini with silver stripes and b/w/g union jack mirror caps ... just in case we are at a red light together! Feel free to send me an email to beltwaybelle@longandfoster.com

Catherine

Hey Tim, if you would like a MINI driving realtors help, I would be more than happy to meet with you. I work for Long & Foster Realtors in Falls Church and drive an interstate yellow mini with silver stripes and b/w/g union jack mirror caps ... just in case we are at a red light together! Feel free to send me an email to beltwaybelle@longandfoster.com

Catherine

Thanks Catherine - I'll have to wait until they actually process my relocation paperwork before I can talk to a realtor, but I will definitely keep you in mind. We aren't really interested in buying right now, but any help finding rentals will be appreciated.

Seems there is a little hiccup with the move. Not sure how long it will delay things, but the first of January appears to be the earliest we will be making the move at this point. Will keep you posted!

:banghead:

Funny how you think your life is headed in one direction and in a matter of weeks everything changes. The job opportunity in Virginia fell through, so now that my temporary assignment is over (today was my last day), I will be returning to my previous component with Social Security in Atlanta. I am going to be the Staff Assistant to the Center Director for Materiel Resources. I'm looking forward to the change, and am glad the uncertainty of the last couple of months is finally over. Probably my biggest disappointment is missing the chance to get back with the best MINI group on the planet. But, I'm sure we will stay in touch here and at a few events here and there. Hope to see you soon!