TGGRRR (Ali)

Clutch pedal cover

I'm just curious, has anyone else had issues with the clutch pedal cover coming off? Mine has come off 3 times in just over 3 weeks. The dealer has put it back on twice, and a week later it falls back off.

I asked Passport to order me a new one, they said the one I have looks normal, but there must be something wrong with it. I know it's minor, but it's making me nuts!!!

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Did you try scraping the chewing gum off the bottom of your shoe? Seriously though, it might "look" normal but it's rubber and it does stretch and lose it's elasticity with wear and over time. Look it up on realoem.com to see what it costs and just replace it. I can't imagine it being more than 10-15 bucks!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

thanks Craig

Passport said it costs about $30. I think it started when I was clutching with a barefoot because the back of my flip flop was catching when I shifted. You're probably right that it got out of shape when it twisted. Annoying

I was just wondering if I'm the only one that has had this odd little issue. If I am, then you guys should know, don't shift with a barefoot.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

6+ years in my 1st Gen, mine has never come off. :dontknow:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Hmmmm I wonder what you're doing wrong :tongue:
Well, for starters, I never drive barefoot! I can't stand how it feels.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

Just an FYI it is Illegal in the Commonwealth of VA to drive barefoot or with flip flops. A friend of mine was run into in the airport parking lot because the guys flip flop got caught. He got a ticket for driving with flip flops plus had to pay for all repairs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just an FYI it is Illegal in the Commonwealth of VA to drive barefoot or with flip flops. A friend of mine was run into in the airport parking lot because the guys flip flop got caught. He got a ticket for driving with flip flops plus had to pay for all repairs.
I didn't now that, but I like that law! (I hate driving barefoot myself, and I can totally understand how flip-flops are dangerous for driving). Good info, thanks Marty! :smile:

The barefoot driving thing comes up occasionally and since I drive without shoes fairly often, I looked into it. There is currently no state that has any regulation about footwear when driving a car. Unfortunately, I can't find an easily quotable source for this. If you google "driving barefoot laws" you get all sorts of information, though. Apparently, AAA has a book that states it, but I'm not going to buy a book. :wink:

I guessing the guy wearing flip flops got a ticket not for wearing flip flops, but for failing to maintain control of his vehicle. Even though, that may have been caused by wearing flip flops. Personally, I can't drive in flip flops, it's just not comfortable.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Laura,

I did the same kind of "research" when that post first went up and I found the same thing that you did. A guy actually wrote to every state in the Union and asked that question and there wasn't a single state with a STATE law that prohibited driving barefoot.

I totally agree with you on the reason for the guy getting a ticket as well.

I have not taken time to search for any VA vehicle codes that may have changed so the information that I found earlier could be out dated.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold