GreenCactus

4th Annual DCMM Picnic

I will be getting there at 10:30 to start setting up. I have a few helpers, but if others want to come, they're welcome to help.

If anyone would like to come early to help with set up, please PM me. I don't want 25 people there early. :biggrin:

ah, good. Then if you already have helpers, then I don't feel compelled to show up early.

Does anyone have a Bocce Ball set they can bring :questionmark:

It was a blast at the last picnic :rock:

If I remember correctly, there might also be a horseshoe pit next to the shelter as well. So if anyone has horseshoes, you might want to bring 'em.

There's a fenced in doggie area about a five minute walk from the shelter so bring fido. A volleyball net as well, but at this time of year it usually gets infested with sand hornets and they restrict access. But bring a ball in case I'm wrong.

Laura is correct that there are real restrooms next to the shelter and I think I remember there being an outside water pump to fill items.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. :top:

will there be a pre or post picnic run?

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

will there be a pre or post picnic run?

The route check went well, but I've realized I'm just not going to have time between now and the picnic to do the final route checks (they're absolutely necessary due to a possible road closure). So, if someone else would like to take this on, I will happily pass on the route sheets. If not, I'll lead the run this fall when I have more time to prepare.
:hahaha: :sleep:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Caught skimming :wink:

:hahaha: :sleep:

Catalina is planning one that goes over the White's ferry. Scroll up, I'm sure you'll find her post

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover

Alan @ opensource.com

Laura, just found out that there's a half marathon taking place tomorrow starting at the SoccerPlex! The race is basically closing all the roads we would've used to start the first half of the run.

I believe you cancelled the run but just in case you didn't, or others are going to play on the roads around the SoccerPlex, be warned that there will be street closures.

This is my neighborhood and I know all the roads very well, I could help whomever is planning the formal or informal run to the ferry or wherever around the road closures-is there a name for the marathon? I will do a quick search.

The race is called Riley's Rumble and it takes place in the backstreets of Boyds.

The people coming from the ferry are fine. But I gave Laura the run I created from a few years ago and that run started out at the Germantown SoccerPlex. The marathon affects the first 6 to 7 miles of that route. Not sure if she was still doing that run or if anyone was planning on doing that route.

Here's the course map: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3883460

The race is called Riley's Rumble and it takes place in the backstreets of Boyds.

The people coming from the ferry are fine. But I gave Laura the run I created from a few years ago and that run started out at the Germantown SoccerPlex. The marathon affects the first 6 to 7 miles of that route. Not sure if she was still doing that run or if anyone was planning on doing that route.

Here's the course map: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3883460

It was to be the same run - I helped Laura navigate for a practice run of it a few weeks ago.

However, due to time constraints that Laura has already posted about, we are not doing a proper run tomorrow. I'm not sure if the caravan using the ferry is a "run" or not, but it isn't the same thing as originally planned.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

It was to be the same run - I helped Laura navigate for a practice run of it a few weeks ago.

However, due to time constraints that Laura has already posted about, we are not doing a proper run tomorrow. I'm not sure if the caravan using the ferry is a "run" or not, but it isn't the same thing as originally planned.

I know she already posted about that she couldn't do the run but she also said she'd pass along the route sheet to anyone that wanted it.

Just wanted to let people know that there are road closures.

I know she already posted about that she couldn't do the run but she also said she'd pass along the route sheet to anyone that wanted it.
Unfortunately, nobody else wanted to take it on. A shame, too - you set up a really good run, Glenn! :top:

Hopefully we'll still do it in the Fall as Laura has suggested.

Just wanted to let people know that there are road closures.
Much appreciated! It's very important info if the run was still happening.

Hey everyone, I just posted a couple of pictures of the grocery shopping trip on the DCMM FB Page. We can't wait to see everyone so we can toss down a few burgers and dogs and see everyone again!

Thanks for updating your RSVP's, it really helps when it comes time to get the right amount of picnic stuff.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I'm excited! I feel like it's been a LONG time since I've seen the club and other MINIs.

I'll bring a Frisbee

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

Laura, just found out that there's a half marathon taking place tomorrow starting at the SoccerPlex! The race is basically closing all the roads we would've used to start the first half of the run.

I believe you cancelled the run but just in case you didn't, or others are going to play on the roads around the SoccerPlex, be warned that there will be street closures.

Wow. That would have been a mess! I guess things work out for a reason sometimes!! Thanks for posting this.

It IS a good route and I plan to run it as a separate event sometime this fall. I bet it will be really pretty when the leaves start to change!

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Just want to make sure I don't leave anyone waiting for us. I didn't see anyone post that they'd like to join us on the Ferry route so we'll just leave directly from the house. If you're still interested PM or email me and we'll meet up. Otherwise we're really looking forward to the picnic. See you there!

Signature.JPG