TGGRRR (Ali)

Favorite mods for new members

and the Wet Okole seat covers for the appearance side.

I have Wet Okole seat covers i put into my 4Runner in 04, those aren't just for appearance, they made the car more comfy and I remember the time right before an interview i dumped an entire soda into the drivers side seat and it just sat there in a puddle and i used a napkin to wipe it onto my rubber floor mats and then dumped it onto the street and i could drive 40 seconds later in a wool suit. the dogs have barfed on them more times than i want to admit. they're worth the money i spent on them 1000x over.

-l.

I have Wet Okole seat covers i put into my 4Runner in 04, those aren't just for appearance, they made the car more comfy and I remember the time right before an interview i dumped an entire soda into the drivers side seat and it just sat there in a puddle and i used a napkin to wipe it onto my rubber floor mats and then dumped it onto the street and i could drive 40 seconds later in a wool suit. the dogs have barfed on them more times than i want to admit. they're worth the money i spent on them 1000x over.

-l.

They're on my mod list :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Recaro baby seat :biggrin:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Will it help you reach the pedals better?

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

It's funny cause you're short!

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Will it help you reach the pedals better?

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

It's funny cause you're short!

HA HA Very Funny! :tongue:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover

Alan @ opensource.com

Not necessarily a mod, but one of the best suggestions I got from Haemish, I believe, is to mount my EZPass onto the rear sunroof panel. I've had it this way since I bought my first MINI, and haven't had an issue yet.

Obviously doesn't work if you don't have a sunroof :p

I had my S 2 days before the run-flats were gone! The Dunlop Star-Specs transformed the handing & kept me from back surgery... the originals are horrible. After that, the only other change you really need to make is a bigger rear sway bar. Sure, Konis & springs, camber plates, etc. are all nice for the track but the tires and rear bar make the Mini livable & a blast to drive on public roads. Well, those and the hood stripes that add at least 20 MPH:laugh:

I had my S 2 days before the run-flats were gone! The Dunlop Star-Specs transformed the handing & kept me from back surgery... the originals are horrible. After that, the only other change you really need to make is a bigger rear sway bar. Sure, Konis & springs, camber plates, etc. are all nice for the track but the tires and rear bar make the Mini livable & a blast to drive on public roads. Well, those and the hood stripes that add at least 20 MPH:laugh:

What color stripes, Red ones are the fastest!:top::tongue:

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr

After-market car stereo - (First-Gens) - Upgrade and Mod rolled into one really. This isn't for everyone, but I had the base stereo with only aux input, no Bluetooth. Though with ,albeit limited, mp3 support.

If you have the H/K or DPSM, chances are better that you're satisfied with your sound and you already have the Bluetooth module. The Bluetooth module has become a must-have with the hands-free laws in our area.

For those like me that had the base system, after-market is your best option. The head-unit (HU) I chose has:

1. color-matched display (NO WAY did I want blue or green in there)

2. Bluetooth support for hands free calling and music streaming

3. iPod connection/control

4. Aux input

5. mp3 CD support of course (and other digital formats)

6. USB connection (thumbdrives don't skip)

7. steering wheel button integration

8. Sirius/XM add-on support

9. HD Radio add-on support

10. 4-channel line-level outputs for later amp addition

As for sound quality, many folks have debated back and forth on which component swap is more beneficial, some have done only speakers, some have added amps and speakers, some have done the whole kit. In my opinion, the head unit swap is best. Not that it is your last move, but it sets a better stage for the addition of amps and/or speakers at a later date.

...and until I add amps or swap speakers, the HU has a programmable Digital Signal Processor (DSP) that can be adjusted to get the most from the stock speakers - and I really was impressed with the improvement!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

I replaced my passenger side grab bar above the door with a sun visor. It's the exact same visor that is on the driver's side - just flipped over. The mounting screws line up exactly with the grab bar's holes. NOTE: This may not be a desirable mod if you have a passenger who takes issue with your driving skills.

Not necessarily a mod, but one of the best suggestions I got from Haemish, I believe, is to mount my EZPass onto the rear sunroof panel. I've had it this way since I bought my first MINI, and haven't had an issue yet.

Excellent! I'm gonna move mine today. Thanks, Carman and Haemish.

Excellent! I'm gonna move mine today. Thanks, Carman and Haemish.

I had mine there for a while, but eventually, the mount actually melted and warped, so, I've got to get a new one. Maybe I'll consider the license plate frame model.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

No front plate in Louisiana so that's not an option for me. I had it on the back of the rearview mirror mount (I don't have the rain sensor). Don't know how long it will last in southern heat inside the rear sunroof but I'm happy it's there till it melts.

How does that work? Can you post a link? How does it protect it from being stolen?

It's a license plate frame with the EzPass built into it. No pics yet.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

It's a license plate frame with the EzPass built into it. No pics yet.

This it?

LicensePlate.jpg

I (personally) can't do that, I move mine to other vehicles a couple of times a year, mostly on rentals. Currently I have mine buried in my glove box and just throw it on the dhas when necessary (I use my infrequently).

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

There's a tint guy that a lot of club members use, I think he's in Tyson's

Ali

Does anyone know the name of this place? I've gotten a couple quotes from different places but not sure who will do the best job. I rather go to a place that you guys recommend.

CHILLIN001.jpg

Intake, pulley, rear sway bar for performance....roof graphic for pretty.

I agree with this, I haven't got around to it yet but soon enough.

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!