cmcveay

Detailing party at Katie's house

627 Old County (not Country!) Road

Severna Park MD 21146

Sunday July 10 starting at noon.

Bring your detailing supplies, Katie will supply water, electricity and a friendly dog to play with.

People will probably get hungry and thirsty so please bring what ever you would like to drink and a potluck dish to share.

There's room for 3 - 4 cars to be detailed at once, there is parking around the corner for cars that need to wait for a spot or people that just want to hang out and not do detailing.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

What is a detaling party anyway?

Detailing is cleaning your car...a party makes it fun. Folks come, share detailing tips and possibly, supplies. I'll supply the "fun" part... music, a nice place to hang out, etc...Hope you can make it,'specially since it seems you've never been to one. It's a social event with a purpose...shiny cars.

I'll bring my buffer and plenty of Prima products.

We had an unofficial detailing party at my townhouse right before the Dragon. We did 6 MINIs and had a lot of fun.

I learned a lot of little tricks and I also was able to help others. We all got a bit obsessed with getting the tear stains off of the bonnets (spots where the washer fluid comes out), we had moderate success on that.

It's always more fun to work on the car with other MINIacs along.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

:rock:

:top:

I'll bring my buffer and plenty of Prima products.

We had an unofficial detailing party at my townhouse right before the Dragon. We did 6 MINIs and had a lot of fun.

I learned a lot of little tricks and I also was able to help others. We all got a bit obsessed with getting the tear stains off of the bonnets (spots where the washer fluid comes out), we had moderate success on that.

It's always more fun to work on the car with other MINIacs along.

2010 MCS Laurel edition RMW Tune ;-), ALTA FMIC, Invidia Q300 Exhaust, NM Eng. CAI, NM Discharge pipe, NM Charge pipe, NM Strut brace, Open hood scoop, Stri Boost gauge, Craven Speed shiftwell(black), BSH CC, and many more goodies!.

Assuming we/I can come, I'll bring my buffer as well. I'm an Adams Polishes user myself, but I have a ton of various products I'm willing to bring, so folks can sample stuff if they'd like.

BTW - for those washer fluid stains, try straight vinegar on a microfiber applicator, followed by a straight water (or detail spray) rinse. If that doesn't work, I have some stuff designed to remove hard water spots from glass. I'll see if it's safe for paint.

Assuming we/I can come, I'll bring my buffer as well. I'm an Adams Polishes user myself, but I have a ton of various products I'm willing to bring, so folks can sample stuff if they'd like.

BTW - for those washer fluid stains, try straight vinegar on a microfiber applicator, followed by a straight water (or detail spray) rinse. If that doesn't work, I have some stuff designed to remove hard water spots from glass. I'll see if it's safe for paint.

Thanks for the tip Jim, I'll try it. We were trying various polishes with some success, but not 100%

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'll wash the MINI's belonging to the next two people who RSVP! :)

I updated my RSVP. I would like the engine compartment cleaned out too, if you'd be so kind.

Do you pick up at Joint Base Anacostia or should I drop BLUR off at your residence?

Q

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

I'll wash the MINI's belonging to the next two people who RSVP! :)

I meant who RSVP'd that they would be at the detailing party. :tongue:
:angel:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Katie,

I'd love to go and do this, I just don't know what stuff to buy or bring? Also as I stated in my RSVP, I'm doing the solo step-mom thing so I need to make sure she has plans to be occupied. Otherwise, count me in.

if she has no plans, bring her along...we'll find something to entertain her with.

LOL...Paul's MINI? You'd need a chisel to get the dirt off of it.

In the words of NASA, this is a "go". See y'all Sunday.

Sounds like a challenge to me

I'm going to need some help with Tigger and the droids sap. I tried some detailing spray but it's not cutting it.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Sounds like a challenge to me

I'm going to need some help with Tigger and the droids sap. I tried some detailing spray but it's not cutting it.

I see it that way, too, Ali!!

I have some stuff that might work on the tree sap if regular car soap doesn't work.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Pretty sure soap isn't going to take this crap off. It's not thick, but it's everywhere. I did move Tigger to another spot after I realized what was happening.

One day I came out of the supermarket and he had been bombed by stupid seaguls. I whipped the detailing spray and microfiber out of the boot and cleaned him up, right then and there. So am keeping the poop under control

Tggrrr010.jpg