TGGRRR (Ali)

Can't wait till next year

Wow, that was a fun week. We already reserved our cabin for next year. Tigger and I and Mark and Max all had so much fun. The drive home stunk as usual. I was shocked when we hit the exit where the tornado hit on 81. That was really scary. We were fortunate since there was a tornado that touched down on 129, just past the top of the Dragon.

Tigger got a Cold air intake, and a chip installed to give the top one touch operation. I love having the top operate hand free, no more holding the stupid button the whole time. The Cold air intake makes the super charger whine even more and I got better gas mileage on the drive home.

I miss living with all the MINIs

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I can't thank y'all enough for the warm welcome I received from DCMM. I had a blast!

I left at Sunday morning at 4:30 a.m. heading back to Louisiana. Wow, the Hellbender and the Dragon are totally different experiences when you are the only car on the road...in pitch black darkness...just you and the critters...and the faint sound of banjo music... Did I mention pitch black darkness? And critters?

When I hit Alabama, it looked like a war zone. Knowing that I split when the tornado sirens went off and got out ahead of the destruction is humbling to say the least.

It was great meeting you Gigi.

Mark and I took a run on the Dragon Sat night just before sunset, it was deserted and we had an awesome run. We finished and there was just a scrap of daylight and it was dark when we rolled into Fontana. I think it was our favorite Dragon run of the trip.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

just you and the critters...and the faint sound of banjo music...

Heh. I was wearing my shirt that says "Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!" when we headed home. I was wondering why some of the locals were giving me dirty looks :rofl:

I think a commemorative thing would be cool. Katie, I'm glad you have those pictures!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

If gas prices keep climbing, I suspect that will have an impact on ANY motoring related events. It hurts when you have to pay over $50 to fill up a MINI. I sure am glad I'm not driving a full size vehicle or one of those SUV's with a 20 + gallon tank!

My fingers are crossed that gas prices come back down and that next year is as good as this year with all of the "originals" showing up.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold