LV2CRNR

Factory Xenon headlight adjustment

So I noticed my headlights were pointed down and the drivers side was terrible. I took the car I to the MINI dealer and after 2 hours said there was nothing they could do for me. After 30 minutes in NAM and 5 minutes with a screw driver my headlights are pointed up and even.

For ADD: dealer 2 hours nothing and with NAM I did it in 5 minutes

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The light pattern for the Xenons is deliberately different between the driver's side and passenger's side, from the factory.

The driver's side cuts off lower than the passenger's side. Why?

2 reasons:

1) So the driver's headlight doesn't blind oncoming traffic, nor cars directly in front of you (in their rear view mirror). After all, Xenons are exceedingly bright.

2) So the passenger's headlight can help illuminate road signs at greater distances.

While there may indeed have been a problem with your headlights, I have to express concern that you may have actually fixed a problem that wasn't there.

Of course, I didn't see it for myself, so I wouldn't really know, would I. :D

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

The light pattern for the Xenons is deliberately different between the driver's side and passenger's side, from the factory.

The driver's side cuts off lower than the passenger's side. Why?

2 reasons:

1) So the driver's headlight doesn't blind oncoming traffic, nor cars directly in front of you (in their rear view mirror). After all, Xenons are exceedingly bright.

2) So the passenger's headlight can help illuminate road signs at greater distances.

+1, we have had to explain this to a few customers.

'03 JB MCS- SOLD: JCW front bumper, intake, exhaust, brakes, CF dash, 15% pulley, Multifunction Steering Wheel retrofit, Euro white taillights, Factory Driving Lights, Wyvern Motorsports Rear Seat Delete, and more....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

are you sure that light pattern actually thrown by each light is actually

different??

my testing shows that both have the same throw pattern

(low on the left side w/ a pronounced rise on the right)

if you have the sufficiently large and level space,

try aiming your lights using this guide.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/images/Aim.pdf

on the first gen cars, the lights are a bit of a bother

to adjust because

1) they move w/ the hood

2) since they don't follow the old US DOT requirement,

the alignment nipples aren't on the glass.

no one ever flashes me for maladjusted lights on this car.:rock: