Edge

Spring Fling 2011: Drive & Lunch in VA wine country

From what I saw last night it looks like it's just going to be partial rain, not a big ugly wet day. So I'm hoping it will all be fine.

Rain or no rain I am excited! :motor:

I need to borrow a radio to stay informed. I'm not sure what kind to get, so I want to get informed first.

See all of you rain or shine! :itsme:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/myipictures/

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"

That's right, the Spring Fling is on - rain or shine! We've never let any rain stop us before! :biggrin: "April showers bring May flowers"

Here I present the route sheets and waiver for tomorrow. No need to print it out, I will be bringing plenty for everyone - but if you are driving and you are not a current (paid) DCMM member (bring your badge!), we will be asking you to sign the waiver before we depart.

If you fall into this category, you may choose to print the waiver yourself and bring it with you, to save time. If not, use one of the ones we're bringing. :biggrin:

See you all tomorrow morning! :motor:

Waiver - Spring Fling 2011.doc

Waiver - Spring Fling 2011.doc

Edited by Edge
Route sheet removed for relocation to repository

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I'm sooooo excited about tomorrow!!!!

:ridinghorse:

:party:

I will have Mark as a passenger so I won't be :thrasher: out in the car like usual. Well maybe a little...

I'm also looking forward to lunch :eating:

We're going to have a blast :motor::motor::motor::motor:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

REAL Shepherd's Pie! Yummmmm... :eating:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I'll have an extra walkie talkie for anyone who needs it.

Excited -- yes! :tongue:

I can't believe you ran into some slow-moving priuses, aka prii (the official plural form according to the Toyota USA website) on the dry run. All the prii I've encountered, particularly on the beltway and the toll road, are mercilessly trashing their 1.8 liter 98hp engines in the HOV lanes at 70 mph plus. It is not enough to have "Clean Special Fuel" on their tags, but they are all in such a huge hurry they put Passat drivers and Mustang drivers to shame.

Haemish,

Hey, that was an awesome event this morning! Thanks for putting it on for the club. It was great to see everyone again, it's been a long winter.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Haemish,

Hey, that was an awesome event this morning! Thanks for putting it on for the club. It was great to see everyone again, it's been a long winter.

I had a great day and the restaurant was great too. I got so excited at the Gluten Free pizza crust!!! A real treat for me.

It was fun playing

:rock: THANK YOU to all that helped put this together. I had a great time:top:

Enjoy the pictures!

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"

:rock: THANK YOU to all that helped put this together. I had a great time:top:

Enjoy the pictures!

Great set of pictures! With I could have come, but I am worked the graveyard shift last night (7pm-7am) and am working it tonight as well, so that would have been.... unhealthy :sleep:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryan,

Lona worked 6-6, got a couple of hours this morning and actually lasted until almost lunch before she took a "nap". We bailed and came home after lunch and she slept almost all the way from the Griffin Tavern to Mach V! Hard to do that if you are driving though!.

Good turnout! Man, I think this is the first one I've missed in 6 years! Glad to see all the fun that was had.

BTW, Web Spokes look pretty good on the GP!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Had a great time, it was nice to see everyone again. It'dbeen too long this my last driving event.

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's a link to some of the pics I took on Flickr, I also put them on FB

I'm not FB friends with everyone so this way you can see your pics here. I did get a few action shots in the turns that came out pretty nice.

Ali

Great pictures, thanks for posting. :top:

A quick video clip from my iPhone as I didn't have a GoPro running yesterday. Just before the end of the morning route, Katie interrupted what I can only describe as an poorly scripted replay of the GEICO Squirrel commercial....

link to video file:

Sorry you guys are under the weather, no bueno.

Thanks again for a GREAT day, Dana and I had a blast and really enjoyed putting more faces to more names.

Thanks also for the hard work put into getting it organized and just put together so well, awesome job!

Look forward to many more runs, and meeting more MINI people!!

Hope you all get on the mend soon!

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr