GreenCactus

2nd Annual DCMM Scavenger Hunt

2nd annual DCMM Scavenger Hunt!

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Start time: 11:00am at Passport MINI of Alexandria

End time: 4:00pm (deadline) It will take a couple of hours to compile the results, so don't plan on leaving until about 6pm.

End point: Public House No. 7

6315 Leesburg Pike

Falls Church, VA 22044

(This is Seven Corners - it's across the street from Red Robin and next to the Sunoco Station)

www.publichouseno7.com

WHERE TO MEET: Passport MINI of Alexandria (It's the Meet and Greet location this month)

WHEN: Saturday, May 21 at 11am. It is in your best interest to be there on time, as that will allow you more time to find the items!

WHAT TO BRING: Full tank of gas, a navigator, a digital camera with a blank memory card (this is REQUIRED - we will not accept pictures on phones - I will have a couple of cameras to loan out), two-way radios could be helpful but are not required.

How this will work: When you check in, you will receive a packet with the rules and the list of items/places you need to find. You will not be allowed to open this until 11am!

Though not required, a navigator would be very helpful. You can have up to 4 people on your team. It's limited to 4 for safety reasons, you don't have 5 seatbelts in your MINI. If you are not driving a MINI, you can have up to the number of seatbelts in your car.

Most of the things/places you need to find are in Northern Virginia and DC. There is no way you can find everything on the list, but it will likely be a long day of driving .

You will need to turn in your items/pictures by 4pm. We will be meeting at Public House No 7 in Falls Church - 6315 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church VA 22044. It's across the street from Red Robin and next to a Sunoco Station. We will be in the bar area, the entrance is in the back. I will be at Public House by 3:30pm should you want to return early. Food and drink will be available for purchase. Anyone is welcome to join us for the end, whether you participated in the hunt or not.

Cost: Free!!!

Your packet will contain a full list of the rules and detailed instructions.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

I am definitely in - but I haven't RSVPed yet because I'm still trying to sort out who my teammate will be. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

You will be given a list of things, each thing has points assigned.

You need to bring a digital camera (no cell phone cameras please)

You go through the list and get pics of everything that you can. There is more on the list then is possible to get in a day. There are also some things that you need to find and bring back. last year it was a spork, and a few other odd little things.

We ask that you only submit one image per item on the list.

When you get to the end, you give us the digital card, we validate your images and tally up your score.

I think I got everything, but I'm sure Laura will pipe in if I missed something

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Hey Shipmate!

Maybe I can ride shotgun this year! If you still need a navigator and I'm not on schedule I can be your "wingman/battle buddy".

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Maybe ill let Craig take Daniel n u can be my navigator!!!:dontknow:

Girl power!!:rock:

I don't think Daniel will like that too much:frown:! I drive too slow for him and he'll find himself :banghead: dealing with my :stupid: ways...

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I better make this event since it will be my last one. Just found out I got a transfer to orlando, florida.

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jason - Congrats on the transfer but I hate to see you go! Please come out so we can say farewell to you!

Celia - Yeah, I had a pretty good idea that he wouldn't go for it.

Hey everyone-

We only have 4 teams for Saturday. We need to have at least 8 teams. This is a lot of work to put on so if we don't have enough interest we will need to reschedule/cancel.

This event is a lot of fun- just ask the people who participated last year! :)

Laura,

You'll be using one of those "Swiss Army Knife" card readers right? Reads any kind of card?

Yes - I will also have a usb cable and my iPad camera adapter.

Also, I'm bringing extra cameras and memory cards in case they are needed. :top:

And people make fun of me about my gadgets! :)

Quitta picked "SQUID Inc." for our team name but knowing the two of us, it should be someing like "Dis Function Al" or "Team PSI CHOTIC" or something. We may need a search party to come find us!

Folks - this event is dangerously close to being cancelled or postponed due to lack of interest. At the moment, we only have 4 teams confirmed as participating in the event - not enough to make it worthwhile.

Our esteemed president, Laura Dunlop (GreenCactus) has put a lot of hard work into this event, and it would be a real shame to not have it. This is one of the most exciting and INTENSE events we have all year!

If you can make it but need a navigator (or are willing to be one), please say so in the RSVP. We can make it work! :top:

Also, if you can think of ANYONE else who would also like to do this (no, they don't have to have a MINI), please let them know! Let's make this work!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Quitta and I teamed up since Lona is working.

I agree though, we had sooooo much fun on this event last year and I really, really can't wait for Saturday so we can have fun again.