TGGRRR (Ali)

Cabins

I have seen the what to bring list, but I'm more interested in what the cabins come with, specifically the kitchen.

Do they really have a fully equipped kitchen or should we bring paper plates to supplement? I always bring my own chefs knife just because I hate dull knives.

Is there usually enough room in the fridge and cabinets for everyone's stuff or should we bring some coolers?

I noticed that linens are included, that's great!

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I love cooking, and I usually like to make something when we do these kinds of trips. I think I'll make a vat of chili with cornbread one night, I'm thinking Thurs or maybe Fri night.

Another question, I remember that the village store had very few supplies, so if I want to cook. Where is the closest grocery store? I remember they had a decent one in Robbinsville.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Robbinsville is definitely the closest "civilization". :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

You can borrow my Droid, Verizon gets reception, they added cell areas this year.
Fontana added Verizon microcells, to be exact. Only 2 or 3 phones at a time can make a call. Something like that. It's certainly better than no reception at all, but it's still a far cry from a real cell tower.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

bring ant traps...LOTS of them. Even if you keep your kitchen antiseptically clean, the ants still come out. Wish there was a way to turn the ants against the bear threat...;)

The way they stock the kitchens is if it's a 2 person cabin, then there's at least enough service for 2. Paper plates are always a good idea. So are garbage bags. The crows there are garbage hounds and will tear open any exposed bags and spread garbage everywhere. So, if you can double bag all garbage and make sure garbage can lids are on tightly (this keeps bears away, too). I can't tell you how many times I've had to clean up around the garbage cans the day after the Spaghetti Dinner because of those damned birds.

So, add to your list:

LOTS of ant traps

extra garbage bags

paper plates

Anti-bear devices of any kind, cuz ya know Laura...they're coming for YOU!:wink:

no grills, to my knowledge. bring a disposable, i.e. cheap, one. no shared picnic grills either.

I actually have a cheapie buried somewhere in my garage. let me know if you want

it.

I believe the favorite "grill" to use at the Dragon, is a hibachi. I know at least a few people who've used them in past years.

The general store does have charcoal, but like everything else there, it's very expensive.