TGGRRR (Ali)

So who's going?

I got the Purple Haze as a commuter car. My wife said she would not drive it because she wouldn't feel safe. A month later it was "can I drive the MINI". I wanted a Autocross car, but did not like the R56s. so I got a Astro Black JCW and she got the Purple MINI. As far as the Dragon goes I want my Hot Rod.

I got the Purple Haze as a commuter car. My wife said she would not drive it because she wouldn't feel safe. A month later it was "can I drive the MINI". I wanted a Autocross car, but did not like the R56s. so I got a Astro Black JCW and she got the Purple MINI. As far as the Dragon goes I want my Hot Rod.

You're in a PolygaMINI family too. We have a similar combination. Mine is an Orange '06 and my husband has a silver '09 JCW. We're taking them both to the Dragon though. We would fight over who was driving if we didn't. Glad your wife changed her mind about the MINI and Purple Haze is an awesome color.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'll be there. Like Hamish my first one was 2005 and I'd only had the car about two months that first trip. Philipina won't make it I don't think as vacation time is in short supply for her still.

I do want to get her down there if I can sometime soon for a quick trip at least. I'm narrowing in on when I'll be selling the car :eek: and would like to get her down there to experience it in the MINI prior to doing so. There will probably be a gap for a couple years before the toy that follows will make the trip. And that trip will be made from the south UP to the Dragon.

You're in a PolygaMINI family too. We have a similar combination. Mine is an Orange '06 and my husband has a silver '09 JCW. We're taking them both to the Dragon though. We would fight over who was driving if we didn't. Glad your wife changed her mind about the MINI and Purple Haze is an awesome color.

I can't get her to come over to the Dragon. She loves drivving her MINI, but she stays in Gatlenburg with the wife of a college friend. He drives a truck, but comes to the Dragon with me. I guess flying F-16s got the go fast bug in him. He came last year and really enjoyed it. I am trying to talk him into getting a MINI.

Looks like Ill make it heading back from a Florida Trip Seems like most places to stay are full though :(

I tried to convince my brother down in Florida to come also, but he'll be in Peru instead... (he got his Clubman direct from Germany while stationed there last year)

North American Motoring (NAM) usually has a thread for the same kind of info. It wouldn't hurt to check and then watch both.

watch both daily and act fast. as it gets closer to the date, rooms/cabins go really fast. Sometimes as fast as 5 minutes from the original post.

That's how I got a room 2 weeks from the MOTD I went to.

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey everyone, I just thought about this today and I thought I'd share it.

If you are headed to the Dragon in a couple of weeks, don't forget to put a hold with the post office and your new paper delivery or make some kind of alternate plan for having your mail and/or paper picked up.

The post office will hold your mail and deliver it in bulk at your request and you can do that via their website (www.usps.com). Just search for "Mail Hold" and fill follow the directions. Your news paper will have their own way of doing holds.

When bad people are looking for "crimes of opportunity", a stack of mail or newspapers is a primary indicator of occupants not being at home.

Just a thought to share.

16 Days until 500+ MINIs/Minis and over 700 friends of the MINI/Mini converge on the Dragon!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I'm taking a stats class, so I asked in the 'ask the instructor' discussion area if I could work ahead for vacation. I explained that we wouldn't have much internet, and that I'd be having a high action vacation with my MINI Cooper friends in the Smokey mountains. He replied with the course answer and then told me to be sure I got to the Dragon at Deals Gap. OK, I admit that I saw his interests were in motorcycles and I drew that out to see if he would bite.

I'm thinking it doesn't help my grade, but now I stand out in class. Is that a good thing?

Tggrrr010.jpg

I am soooooo ready to get the " H E double hockey sticks " out of here for a week of fun with the MINIacs :biggrin:

You said it man, you said it!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

BED AVAILIBLE!!

single bed, $50 per night, Fontana!!

I had someone drop out of my cabin this moring and I need to fill the bed, if anyone is interested or knows someone who is, please email me!! I'll leave this up on the local boards til sat. night, then all bets are off and its going up for grabs on NAM!

Who?! Not Rick was it?

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

I'm gonna have to wash B.A. when I get there, he's already dirty from the first leg of my journey, and I'm sure the second leg is just gonna get him dirtier. :banghead:

It's mainly bugs that couldn't get outta my way on the Interstate.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

I used the road wrap on the lower part of the bumper and the mirror caps. It worked great. I took it off of the bonnet because overnight the moisture had seeped in and created these big pockets of moisture. But I had some detailing spray and would literally clean the bugs off every time we stopped for gas. That worked pretty well. We noticed the bug population increased dramatically once we got further south. Our first stop just south of Richmond I had a few little bugs to clean off, next stop my windshield was covered and it just got worse each stop after.

Laura cleaned my windows with something magical that is really helping get them off easily.

see everyone there, we're still in Asheville, heading to the Biltmore today.

Ali

Tggrrr010.jpg

Bender was washed Saturday. He'll get a spruce-up tonight or tomorrow. Nigel might get washed tonight. I'll have a bucket of supplies for a wash at one point or another at Fontana.

I need to pack, charge batteries, and do a final load of laundry. With any luck we'll roll out Wednesday morning before 6:30.