Scavenger

A place to work

Does anyone have a garage or know of a place to work on the car during these cold Winter months? I have a possible project, but it's just too cold to do it outside in the parking lot!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

There is place over by Mach V's called "Do It Yourself Mechanics". Craig, Marty and I have been there to do various things. I know the owner and it is a very nice setup. Here is the the link http://www.ditymechanics.com/ that shows the rates for the lifts.

I have a garage but until I get my kerosene heater working it is not that warm. Once I get a heating solution you can always come over and work on your Mini.

See ya soon, Brian

2012 Jeep Rubicon

There is place over by Mach V's called "Do It Yourself Mechanics". Craig, Marty and I have been there to do various things. I know the owner and it is a very nice setup. Here is the the link http://www.ditymechanics.com/ that shows the rates for the lifts.

I have a garage but until I get my kerosene heater working it is not that warm. Once I get a heating solution you can always come over and work on your Mini.

See ya soon, Brian

You "big city" guys get all the cool stuff!

Looks like a very cool concept, and the rates are great.

If you don't mind driving up here, I have a small garage (and Gran Turismo5 plus hot chocolate). :biggrin:

Nice offer, but rrsperry might have you beat: :biggrin:

Or a bit further to Eldersburg. I've got a lift, 3 bays, air, tunes, and heat.

Awfully tempting, but it would be a ways for me :motor:

If I come over, Chris, can you work on my car while I sip hot chocolate and play GT5? :rofl:

Chris, can you bring the hot chocolate to rrsperry's place? :idea:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover

Alan @ opensource.com

See ya soon, Brian

Thanks, looks like a nice place. Do they keep it warm in there? I might even try and go up there next weekend to do some stuff. Does anyone else have any work to do? It would be fun to do a group thing :motor:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

Alan I can go Sat or Sunday, let me know if you want to go this weekend.
Cool, sounds like a plan!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

Of course not! :biggrin:

but not the butt crack of morning, OK?

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

Does anybody know of a tuner shop where i could go get a Pulley installed? I know of a place in Manassas but $350 is just to much for me.

Pulley installs can be pretty expensive due to what is involved. From what I recall a typically install with parts can range from $300 to $400.

You might give Dan at MachV http://www.fastmini.net/ and get a quote from him. They are located in Sterling.

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Thanks, i didnt know they did installs cause when i looked at there site i didnt find anything to suggest that.... yeah it never crossed my mind that it would be that much....now im thinking that i might at well get a crank pulley installed too while im at it. Thanks for the link.

Thanks, i didnt know they did installs cause when i looked at there site i didnt find anything to suggest that.... yeah it never crossed my mind that it would be that much....now im thinking that i might at well get a crank pulley installed too while im at it. Thanks for the link.
Just be careful with how far you go on the pulleys. It's generally accepted that a 15% S/C pulley is a "reliable" mod (with no change in crank pulley). If you decide to go all the way to a 17% S/C pulley and possibly even throw in a 2% crank pulley at the same time... yeah, you'll get more power, but your S/C will need to be replaced MUCH sooner, and you might end up breaking other stuff too.

Just saying - be as aggressive as you want to be, but realize the risks you're taking when you do it. ANY pulley change will likely shorten the life of your S/C, but some more than others! Heck, the JCW kit's pulley is only around 12%.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Yeah thanks for the advice. I read up on it too and it has me kinda iffy about it. Its just a thought for now, in the end i'd be at 17% cause its a 15% plus a 2% crank pulley.

Oh i have another question that i hope somebody could help me in.....I might be getting a set of wheels that i might need to get re-drilled to 4x100 and dont know where i could take them.....does anybody know of a shop where i could go?

Ricky,

If you are thinking about going to the Dragon, you might want to get in touch with some of the vendors that are going to be there. I'm pretty sure Helix and Way Motorworks will both be there. Last year, Way did a pulley install in about 10 minutes but I don't know what the charge was. Brian and Ali both had pulley's installed the same day and I believe they both went with 15% pulley's and stock crank pulleys. Brian changed plugs at the same time but I don't remember if he went colder or hotter when he had the pulley done.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold