Maxicooper

Gran Turismo 5 Photomode

This is so HAWT!!! Normally I run right out and buy a copy of any GT game as soon as it comes out. UNFORTUNATELY this year I am forced to wait for the Wife/Santa to get it for me for Christmas. Nice pics!!

HURRY SANTA!!!!!!!! :motor:

Maxi - those pics are killin' me!

Sounds like you need a Passenger's seat :laugh::laugh:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

5344445749_1b0a821fae_b.jpg

If you already have Gran Turismo 5. Lets have some fun.

-Acquire a stock '05 MCS from the GT5 dealerships. The only modification that's allowed is aftermarket wheels.

-Goto practice / World Circuits / Top Gear Test Track / A-Spec Free Run.

-Tires = Comfort:Soft or lower / other options, within the driver options page, no restriction.

5344823724_b76e8732e9.jpg

-Move the car to starting point, "The Line" (right after the second turn, "completely stop" right in front of the starting line (exactly like te picture above),then take a deep breath and GO !!! Timer will start to count immediately after your MINI cross "the line".

-Finish the lap and mark your time.

Have fun !!! :biggrin:

5344445749_1b0a821fae_b.jpg

If you already have Gran Turismo 5. Lets have some fun.

-Acquire a stock '05 MCS from the GT5 dealerships. The only modification that's allowed is aftermarket wheels.

-Goto practice / World Circuits / Top Gear Test Track / A-Spec Free Run.

-Tires = Comfort:Soft or lower / other options, within the driver options page, no restriction.

5344823724_b76e8732e9.jpg

-Move the car to starting point, "The Line" (right after the second turn, "completely stop" right in front of the starting line (exactly like te picture above),then take a deep breath and GO !!! Timer will start to count immediately after your MINI cross "the line".

-Finish the lap and mark your time.

Have fun !!! :biggrin:

Well, First I had to unlock the track! (The van race is actually kinda fun!)

And after I figured out why I kept invalidating my laps (cutting the corner on hammerhead) I got this - 1:34.419

Edited by orcadog
went faster!

So after getting my 1:34.419 I decided to see what the Stig actually did on his Power Lap. In a JCW car he did the lap in a 1:34.2.

The site doesn't mention what year it was but I seam to remember the episode and I'm 99.99 % sure it was an R53.

First, I can't believe that's a screen shot from the game, it looks so real!! But, I hate to burst some bubbles, but that's not an '05 MCS, it's an '04 or earlier, meaning it doesn't have the Getrag tranny - sorry for nit pickin :biggrin:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover

Alan @ opensource.com

First, I can't believe that's a screen shot from the game, it looks so real!! But, I hate to burst some bubbles, but that's not an '05 MCS, it's an '04 or earlier, meaning it doesn't have the Getrag tranny - sorry for nit pickin :biggrin:
What makes you say that? The taillights match the 05 redesign...

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Front grill is from the earlier year, I'd guess. :biggrin:

I knew I was "leaving some on the table" last night! Stephano's time spurred my competitive side :motor: so I spent some time with it this evening and managed a 1:33.630

Trying to upload the video from my phone to YouTube now so I can back up my claims ;)

I knew I was "leaving some on the table" last night! Stephano's time spurred my competitive side :motor: so I spent some time with it this evening and managed a 1:33.630

Trying to upload the video from my phone to YouTube now so I can back up my claims ;)

:top::top::top:

Hmm, interesting, I didn't look at the earlier pics.

Front grill is from the earlier year, I'd guess. :biggrin:
Yeah, but considering the tail lights as Edge points out, it seems that this MINI was rear-ended and the body shop put in tail lights from an '05.... :rofl::tongue:

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

Man, just watched that video... I gotta go play that sometime!!! WOW

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com