FAST060

MOTD 2011

I'd almost lead a Cherohala run, but leading runs down there can go bad in a heartbeat. Large group + beginner run attendees + bad FRS reception = Cluster &^%$. It gets worse if the weather's bad, 'specially at the top of Cherohala. Fog is likely and snow is possible...not good for summer tires!

It got very cold up there last year and the fog was as dense as I've ever seen it. Laura and I crawled through most of it. At the other end of Cherohala, Tellico Plains has zip to offer in the way of food, drink and potties, especially for a large group.

Nope, ain't gonna volunteer....

leading a drive down there def. isnt the eariest thing,:frown: when we were planning our route last year we were pretty much going in blind! :motor:my dad knew a couple of the roads but since the dragon was closed we had to go out the back way and into uncharted territory! but we got lucky and made it all the way to gatlinburg before we ran into trouble (lost signal on the radios, and we got split up into 2 groups bout 15 min. from our destination!):banghead: this year i think were gonna keep it simple and stick to roads we know and hopefully if we need to stop we wont have the front half of the group leave before everyone gets back from the bathroom!:top: lol

So the Farewell Dinner was a bust for me last year due to my GPS taking me two hours the wrong way. LOL

Is anyone attempting the farewell dinner this time around?

I'm gonna try 2 make it; didn't include it during the registration process ... completely 4got about it ... so, I emailed them in hopes they'll allow me 2 make a separate PayPal pymt 2 them.

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi

Katie - what if we have a handout with directions and provide addresses since almost everyone in the group has a GPS in the car or phone (I said ALMOST, not everyone). That way, we can all leave from the same place and head in the same "general" direction with a goal of staying "kind of close" as a group? I would really like to see Cherohala this year so you can count me in to help organize.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

What and where do these detail parties entail/take place normally? Chomping at the bit to enjoy the Dragon!

Last year it was in my parking lot like the Seafoam party. But the Exxon down the street said if we want to do one on a Sunday that they will let us have an area to use. So maybe next year I'll do that

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg