FAST060

MOTD 2011

Wooo Hooo! First MOTD Newsletter email came yesterday!:rock:

I soooo hope they bring AutoCross into the schedule next year! I am soooo ready! Had a dream about it last night.:motor:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

Any clue where they do AutoX up there? It sounds like it used to be part of the festivities. I'd love to see it come back.
I forget exactly where, but it isn't close to Fontana Village. It's in a "nearby" town. Might have been Maryville, TN.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

If you haven't followed the updates, the Autocross is out this year. I guess there wasn't enough interest and it also conflicted with the group photo. It's also about 2 hours to the place they have the autocross so there was concern with getting people back to Fontana village in time for dinner on Saturday night.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

The last I heard was the SCCA region putting on the autocross didn't feel good about the interest. Being a former SCCA autocross chairman, I'd agree. The insurance is pricey at best and I'm sure they didn't wanna lose money on an event for non SCCA members. Seems I remember it being in Marysville. Which by the way has a big Hoosier Tire distributor there.

Having said that, I'd have brought the race tires!

Just curious about what events people might register for? For sure I am going to do the Beer Swap but not sure about any others. I think it would be fun to just do some small runs and not the large organized ones. We should also try and plan on doing some meals as a DCMM group.

Love for you all to chime in and post what you would like to do :top:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Just curious about what events people might register for? For sure I am going to do the Beer Swap but not sure about any others. I think it would be fun to just do some small runs and not the large organized ones. We should also try and plan on doing some meals as a DCMM group.

Love for you all to chime in and post what you would like to do :top:

Boy, I wish Sweetwater BBQ was still open. Would've been a perfect venue for a club meal. Perhaps another spot in Robbinsville might work out...

Great idea Katie! There's a little "mom and pop" place in Robbinsville that we ate at a few times last year. If we are able to go down early, we could take a trip over there and see about setting something up.

Ali, here's a good list to start from, right from the MOTD website:

http://www.minisonthedragon.com/what_to_bring.php

yup good source of info, that list....I helped to create it many moons ago...

Craig, Laura and I get there the Sunday prior to the event...we could pop down and check them out, providing there is enough club interest to warrant setting up an actual meal date.

Heyl Can we start a MOTD 2011 sub group yet? If we do, I'll throw a dinner event down for the dragon with an RSVP so we can measure interest!

yup good source of info, that list....I helped to create it many moons ago...

Craig, Laura and I get there the Sunday prior to the event...we could pop down and check them out, providing there is enough club interest to warrant setting up an actual meal date.

Mark and I plan to get there Sunday also, but we're leaving one car at your cabin and then taking off on our own, then coming back on Wed.

A club dinner would be nice.

Ali

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I have the whole week off but I am not sure when I will be coming down. Need to verify when Quitta is renting the cabin. If I can find sleeping arrangements I am planning on heading down early.

I need to call and ask what days I reserved the cabin. LOL, it's been a hot minute since I made the reservations.

Also might want to find out what cabins everyone else is in so we can get one close to the Fam.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL"